[Resolved] Accessing my Spamcop mailbox via Windows 8

Must be a heap of users who can answer this mwj - moving to the. SC mail section where they might be more likely to see this. Probably the answer can be found by searching the section but if anyone knows of the top of their head ...

I want to access my Spamcop mail using the Windows 8 mail app, but don't know what settings to enter for spamcop.net incoming/outgoing servers.

Sending Mail / SMTP Server

smtp.cesmail.net Port 587

Receiving Mail (regular connection)

pop.spamcop.net

User/Logon Full SpamCop Email address

Password (Maximum 30 Characters)

This works... BUT... I receive the following warning... "There's a problem with a server's security certificate. The address in the server's certificate doesn't match the server's address. This can happen if you're connecting to a malicious server, or if a company uses the same certificate for multiple servers."

This works... BUT... I receive the following warning... "There's a problem with a server's security certificate. The address in the server's certificate doesn't match the server's address. This can happen if you're connecting to a malicious server, or if a company uses the same certificate for multiple servers."

You always get this "warning" on a first connect. Depending on email client it won't happen again unless/until a new certificate is obtained. Usually 12 month intervals

You can replace

smtp.cesmail.net

With

smtp.spamcop.net

But in past have foun this "glitchy" and don't see a point in "fixing" something not broken

You always get this "warning" on a first connect. Depending on email client it won't happen again unless/until a new certificate is obtained. Usually 12 month intervals

You can replace

smtp.cesmail.net

With

smtp.spamcop.net

But in past have foun this "glitchy" and don't see a point in "fixing" something not broken

Since it works, I'm not complaining.

Thanks for your help.

Archived