Need a good mail host

I have my own domain name so I can better manage my e-mail, so I can forward it to my Spamcop address. It used to be so simple and easy. Not anymore.

How do people with their own domain name get their all their e-mails forwarded/redirected to their Spamcop addresses anymore?

My hosting company:

1. Rejects incoming e-mails based on RBLs (like Spamcop), before the e-mails can get to the SpamAssassin rules.

2. Has spam filters on outgoing e-mails, so if I try to forward spam to my Spamcop address, the e-mails just disappear.

Neither of these do I have any control or say over.

I've started querying other hosting companies, and the only one to respond so far say they also, "cannot provide the email service without blacklisting and without filters".

Is the usefulness of Spamcop managed e-mail addresses at an end because of this?

Am I stuck with an e-mail service for my domain name that makes e-mails disappear without a trace?

Unfortunately it is not as easy as setting my MX to Spamcop. Spamcop says they cannot give me the flexibility to create new e-mail addresses or forwarders for my domain at a moment's notice, like a hosting company does. Then there is also the add-on domains I host on my hosting account ...

I am at a loss. Anyone have any useful suggestions?

Google Apps? They filter like crazy--pretty sure that's not at all what the OP wants. You could get a cloud VPS from Digital Ocean for only $5/month and probably not have any filtering, but you'd have to do more initial configuration than on a shared hosting arrangement:

https://www.digitalocean.com/

DT

Google Apps? They filter like crazy--pretty sure that's not at all what the OP wants. You could get a cloud VPS from Digital Ocean for only $5/month and probably not have any filtering, but you'd have to do more initial configuration than on a shared hosting arrangement:

https://www.digitalocean.com/

DT

Yes Google are good and free (small users) spm filtering 2nd to none.

BUT Google are complete spyware. Read EVERYTHING to/from AND they are good at it!

Suddenly this info without warning is posted to everyone. Never given them my real name luckily just use it for travel agents, news etc. Suddenly my user name is changed from Petzl to the name I registered with a like to my home showing car in driveway!

Archived