snowpoclyse part II

The weather in Atlanta is worsening and an ice storm/snow storm is starting. The colo will be fine and this should not impact mail or web access.

The snow is not a problem but the ice may be to those of us with above ground utilities. So if I get iced over and lose power I wont have access to tickets or this forum or anything else for that matter until the power comes back or until the streets melt and I can relocate. So if you write to me and I don't answer, I am not ignoring you - just waiting on GA Power to get to my neighborhood. Don can get a hold of me on an emergency basis.

Stay safe, stay warm and let's hope this is the last of a rotten winter.

Yes, do stay safe. The Washington D.C. area has already declared a snow emergency for this evening thru tomorrow in response to the same storm.

Of course all things are relative. My place in Colorado has had +109" of snow this season as of last week. The mountain pass going north has been mostly closed for 4 weeks because of rock slides from some 900' above the roadway. The road south has been closed off and on for avalanches and snow removal. All of which has nothing to do with Atlanta or D.C. Unfortunately, both Atlanta (Marietta) where my NOC is and D.C. power affect my connectivity. Just part of the game.

Yes, do stay safe. The Washington D.C. area has already declared a snow emergency for this evening thru tomorrow in response to the same storm.

Of course all things are relative. My place in Colorado has had +109" of snow this season as of last week. The mountain pass going north has been mostly closed for 4 weeks because of rock slides from some 900' above the roadway. The road south has been closed off and on for avalanches and snow removal. All of which has nothing to do with Atlanta or D.C. Unfortunately, both Atlanta (Marietta) where my NOC is and D.C. power affect my connectivity. Just part of the game.

We were pretty lucky -- most of the worst of the ice seemed to be east and south and north of us, altho we did our share of snow. So power stayed on and everything began to melt today.

We were pretty lucky -- most of the worst of the ice seemed to be east and south and north of us, altho we did our share of snow. So power stayed on and everything began to melt today.

Yes, the sun is shinning and today all is well with the world!. We did not loose power either but do have some snow to shovel.

Archived