Inbox Suddenly Empty!!

gregw

There were thousands of emails in my wife's inbox, but this morning, it was all suddenly gone. Trash items are still there, outbox items are still there, but the inbox is gone. I've already emailed support[at]spamcop.net but thought I'd document it here just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Hi, gregw,

...Sorry to hear of your problem. Contacting support is a good step. Have you done a search (there's a handy form at the top of most SpamCop Forum pages) for posts with the words "Inbox" and "empty" to see if there's anything helpful that's been posted?

The same thing happened to my account about two weeks ago--here's the forum topic link:

My inbox is suddenly empty!

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13907

It was eventually resolved (they were having problems with a hard drive in the RAID array). Be sure to use the "Problem" link at the top of her webmail account to report the problem.

BTW, there's sometimes a connection between dramatic changes in the "Reporting Server Status" graphic displayed in the forums (upper right-hand corner) and problems with the email system. It sure looks odd at the moment (there's a Lounge topic about this).

DT

Archived