Spamcop complaint goes to the spammewr instead of his hoster

GerdS

Hi,

Since years I get spam for health insurance, jobs and so on, which commonly originate and/or refer to www.hostingundmehr.com.

Here is an example from today:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5769245287z7...d11b08ff5f4536z

Searching on Google proofs that the "company" sfip84 Hosting und mehr UG (haftungsbeschraenkt) is no more than a fake company with a domain name created exclusively for spamming and scamming purposes.

All Whois entries are fake:

Tech Name: Christian Hoffmann

Tech Organization: sfip84 Hosting und mehr UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)

Tech Street: Winterhuder Weg 29

Tech City: Hamburg

Tech State/Province:

Tech Postal Code: 22085

Tech Country: DE

Tech Phone: +49 40 228156170

Tech Phone Ext:

Tech Fax: +49 40 228156179

Tech Fax Ext:

Tech Email: info[at]hostingundmehr.com

As you can see from the link above Spamcop only reports the abuse to the spammer himself, not to his uplink provider, so no steps will be taken against him.

What else can I do to get Spamcop reporting to the correct abuse address?

Regards,

Gerd

Hi, GerdS,

...Posting here was a good start -- SpamCop staff drop by here occasionally and sometimes take action to correct such cases. A more direct way to contact them is to send an e-mail to the SpamCop Deputies at deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net.

...While you are waiting for the abuse address to be corrected in the SpamCop parser (although no assurances that it will be), if you are not reporting through SpamCop e-Mail you can uncheck the checkbox next to the spammer's e-mail address and SpamCop will not send the report to the spammer. If you wish to go even further, you can add the correct e-mail address for this spam source to your "Public standard report recipients" (Preferences | Report Handling Options) and turn that checkbox on when you report a spam from that source. If you are reporting via SpamCop e-Mail, there may be an analogous approach but I am not a SpamCop e-Mail user so I do not know how to guide you on that; perhaps a user will happen along and be so kind as to let us know.

Archived