[Resolved] Reports not found

waugh

When I go to my "Past Reports" tab, it shows no reports, even though I made some recently via webmail. The reporting account I'm logged into has the same credentials as my webmail account.

Jack Waugh

Hi Jack. That usually means the reports never made it through to SC. Anything in your "Past Reports" (Last 90 days) at all? Can you paste in a spam in the submission webform in your member page? When you say "webmail" do you mean SC/CESmail or some external provider? If external, have a look at Wazoo's diagnostic. The things that would occur to me (if external) are either your computer/browser application has changed or your provider has started "filtering".

Oh, and looking at the "Reporting Server Status" graphic, there may have been a period when the reporting was off-line. Usually there would be some warning of that or e-mail submissions during that time would go through seamlessly when it came back online. I guess the first things to do are to re-check your past reports and (if nothing still) try re-submitting.

Moved your post as this is the appropriate place for it, hope you don't mind.

When I go to my "Past Reports" tab, it shows no reports, even though I made some recently via webmail. The reporting account I'm logged into has the same credentials as my webmail account.

Jack Waugh

You look st this link?

http://mailsc.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=showhistory

Not

http://spamcop.net/mcgi?action=showhistory

By "webmail", I meant Spamcop webmail.

Now when I go to both of the links given by petzl, it shows my reports that I made after discovering the problem.

When I discovered the problem, when I logged in, the page I reached right after login told me that there had been bounces from my mail address (which is Spamcop webmail). I pressed the button that indicates that the problem is "resolved". So maybe the Spamcop reporting interface drops all reports that come from a bouncing e-mail address.

So, anyway, it looks as though whatever the problem was, it is resolved now. I can see the reports that come from my reporting now. Thanks for the help.

Jack Waugh

....When I discovered the problem, when I logged in, the page I reached right after login told me that there had been bounces from my mail address (which is Spamcop webmail). I pressed the button that indicates that the problem is "resolved". So maybe the Spamcop reporting interface drops all reports that come from a bouncing e-mail address.

Ah, I should have recalled the bounce of the registered reporting account e-mail address as another possibility.

Thanks for the feedback Jack. Yes, the "bounce" situation was the critical factor in this case and accounts are indeed suspended until that is "resolved". Seems like it was a glitch and there have been other instances where hitting the "Problem is resolved" button for a bogus bounce notification has been the "fix". I guess in the normal case the user would be renewing an e-mail account or setting up a new one before punching the button. Making topic resolved.

Archived