Update 2 - Inbound Mail

The queued mail has been delivered and things should be back to normal. Write to support at cesmail.net if you see otherwise. Thanks for your patience!

We're seeing otherwise--see the end of the long outage topic--mail is still running about 12 hours behind. Every morning, like clockwork, I receive two daily deliveries from a music forum, and they're nowhere to be seen. The headers of my most recently-received messages are 12 hours into the past.

DT

(on edit: I did send a note to the support address above and also a reply to my original Problem ticket, but no responses to either yet--and I sent it from a non-CESMail address, so the response wouldn't be delayed)

I am seeing the same results as DavidT, hours delay, not everything is caught up. Worse, though, is the lack of explanation about what happened, and what steps are being taken so that it doesn't happen again. All warm, fuzzy things that would make most people feel better about paying for the mail service. And the lingering feeling that JT doesn't read these messages.

I am seeing the same results as DavidT, hours delay, not everything is caught up. Worse, though, is the lack of explanation about what happened, and what steps are being taken so that it doesn't happen again. All warm, fuzzy things that would make most people feel better about paying for the mail service. And the lingering feeling that JT doesn't read these messages.

yes I jumped the gun on the servers being caught up message :-(

yes I jumped the gun on the servers being caught up message :-(

I appreciate your honesty and your efforts in keeping us informed.

Do you know what caused the problem? Is it something that can be prevented from reoccurring in the future?

I appreciate your honesty and your efforts in keeping us informed.

Do you know what caused the problem? Is it something that can be prevented from reoccurring in the future?

Thanks

One thing that would help a whole lot would be if users changed their passwords to *strong passwords* and did not use the same passwords for multiple accounts either here or all over the Internet.

Thanks

One thing that would help a whole lot would be if users changed their passwords to *strong passwords* and did not use the same passwords for multiple accounts either here or all over the Internet.

For Windows I use Password Depot

This is a secure Password saver which also works from USB flash drive

The MAXIMUM number of characters for a SpamCop password is thirty (30) characters

For freeware mode Password Depo is limited to 20 basic passwords

Paid addition allows more and more options like some web passwords require more than two fields

My bank requires three fields

SpamCop should look at a three field sign in also?

Not sure of or about three field POP email clients

example

email address

account number

30 alphanumeric upper lowercase characters

<snip>

<snip>

...Something else that might be appreciated by the e-mail community is a discussion of anything that could have been done by the community to help you and the team to learn of the issue sooner and communicate back to them (I use the third person because I am not a subscriber) on a more timely basis and more frequently.

Archived