Spamcop Webmail Down

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My email was unaffected by that. I didn't even know about it. The last time I grieved over Spamcop outage was about a year ago.

You must have been away from your mail around March 6-8, when there was a total failure of the system--there's an 80+ post topic about it here:

Error with SpamCop email servers?

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13991

DT

To clarify here. Cisco does not own Cesmail.net. Cesmail.net just uses a sub-domain off of spamcop.net to redirect to Jeff Tucker's email service

Registrant Email: JEFFTUCK[at]GMAIL.COM

Admin Organization: CORPORATE EMAIL SERVICES

Admin Street: 1032 OLD PEACHTREE RD.

Admin Street: SUITE 401-145

Admin City: LAWRENCEVILLE

Admin State/Province: GA

Admin Postal Code: 30043

Admin Country: US

Admin Phone: +1.7707129646

You must have been away from your mail around March 6-8, when there was a total failure of the system--there's an 80+ post topic about it here:

Error with SpamCop email servers?

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=13991

DT

It started Friday night -- and if you logged off Friday afternoon and were at an all day meeting Monday, by the time you logged on everything would look normal. Nothing was lost -- it was just held up in space for two days before getting to our inboxes.

To clearly here. Cisco does not own Cesmail.net. Cesmail.net just uses a sub-domain off of spamcop.net to redirect to Jeff Tucker's email service

Registrant Email: JEFFTUCK[at]GMAIL.COM

Admin Organization: CORPORATE EMAIL SERVICES

Admin Street: 1032 OLD PEACHTREE RD.

Admin Street: SUITE 401-145

Admin City: LAWRENCEVILLE

Admin State/Province: GA

Admin Postal Code: 30043

Admin Country: US

Admin Phone: +1.7707129646

I wonder if they even pay weekend staff or overtime for Saturday night emergencies. This is twice in a row where the only "progress" we saw after a weekend crash was a tweet every few hours. In the first crash, we didn't even get THAT for what... 12 hours.

I'm starting to think they've "gone fishin' " when they should be takin' care of business (and takin' care of us!).

It started Friday night -- and if you logged off Friday afternoon and were at an all day meeting Monday, by the time you logged on everything would look normal. Nothing was lost -- it was just held up in space for two days before getting to our inboxes.

No, it started on Thursday night, assuming you're in the USA or Europe. If you're on the other side of the International Date Line (our Aussie friends, for example), then it would have already been Friday. So "showker" must have taken that Friday off. :-)

DT

That's not the message I'm getting at http://mail.spamcop.net/news.php

SpamCop Email System News

Mar 23, 2014

[13:00 EDT] We are still working on the catastrophic failure. Thanks for your patience

To me a "catastrophic failure" would be a motherboard failure of the processor or bridge chips. Hard drives can be replaced and be then copied with backup clones such as from RAID or from another external drive

With all this talk of dumping SpamCop (and I am certainly one of the ones saying "this cannot go on") I do not want the spammers to win! If this is indeed a DDoS I want to give the bad guys the middle finger, not a white flag.

I am another person thinking about dumping Cesmail. Their hasn't been any improvements in years, the error and bugs continue on and the outages are getting worse. I use fastmail.fm and pay less money and the email service is so much better. I mean come on this email service doesn't even have 2FA in this day and age. What email service would use zoneedit as their DNS servers? Is that being reliable or securing your network equipment from hackers?

I have not received email since Saturday 9:31 PM EST that's 23 hours NOT VERY HAPPY JEFF

To clarify here. Cisco does not own Cesmail.net. Cesmail.net just uses a sub-domain off of spamcop.net to redirect to Jeff Tucker's email service

As far as I have been able to determine after 16 years as a paid user, through some kind of "gentlemen's agreement" CESmail.net has an "exclusive franchise" to provide a convenient interface to spamcop.net reporting services that is tightly integrated with spamcop's email services (most of us do have a spamcop.net email address).

Cisco/SpamCop either needs to open up that integration to other, reliable providers and/or dump CESmail for a more trustworthy partner.

To me a "catastrophic failure" would be a motherboard failure of the processor or bridge chips. Hard drives can be replaced and be then copied with backup clones such as from RAID or from another external drive

Possibly...but why the hell don't they have any bloody redundancy? A real email provider would have redundant servers so this crap doesn't happen. If it wasn't for the filtering, I'd dump CESmail. May still decide not to renew after this BS!

Spamcop and CESmail need a divorce. Regardless of the other problems currently occurring, it's becoming increasingly clear that the email hosting service should not be called Spamcop, seeing as how it's no longer related to the Spamcop blacklist (the Spamcop that most people are familiar with).

Actually, it sorta does. It provides a convenient filtering and reporting interface for "SpamCop" mail users to feed the black list.

Not for me, all I see is a mention of "catastrophic failure" but no explanation.

Right, but Email_Support just posted a new update in their own forum topic here. They appear to have different communication standards than almost all of the customers, thinking that there's no need for them to post regular status updates.

DT

Archived