Funky Emails coming in ... invalid address no subject

I have one of these in my Held Mail now, too. I think the SpamCop Email System server(s) is/are having serious problems today. I hope someone gets to work on this before everything crashes, but no sign of the owner/operators yet.

DT

Now my inbox is loading with the specious "invalid address / no subject".

...be sure to click on the "Problem" link in the webmail and submit a ticket, if you haven't already done so. Seems like the hard drive array on the server is having a bad day.

DT

Test emails are not in coming either. Something bad has happened.

...be sure to click on the "Problem" link in the webmail and submit a ticket, if you haven't already done so. Seems like the hard drive array on the server is having a bad day.

DT

Problem never works. I get an error:

Invalid address spec. Unmatched quote or bracket (<>)

I have brought this up before and it has never been fixed.

Problem never works. I get an error:

Invalid address spec. Unmatched quote or bracket (<>)

I have brought this up before and it has never been fixed.

Odd..it always works for me as long as the webmail system is up. I'm assuming you've tried it in more than one browser, in case that's the issue?

DT

I'm also getting these phantom emails in my Held Mail. Have sent a problem report. I can only assume a server is faulty, hopefully someone will fix it soon.

I'm also getting these phantom emails in my Held Mail. Have sent a problem report. I can only assume a server is faulty, hopefully someone will fix it soon.

Unfortunately, there's no indication that those able to do so are even aware that there's a problem, 8 hours after it started! Not only is the server flaky, new messages aren't showing up, and others are randomly disappearing.

DT

I've only just noticed this in the last half hour....and my mail appeared to be coming through OK until then, but not now. Just tried a test mail to myself and it's nowhere to be seen. Will turn off mail forwarding at my ISP's webmail site immediately until this is fixed.

OK it appears to be fixed now.

Odd..it always works for me as long as the webmail system is up. I'm assuming you've tried it in more than one browser, in case that's the issue?

DT

good idea.

I've tried it in Mozilla Firefox and in Chrome. It works in neither. I no longer use Firefox (Brendan Eich and the anti-Proposition 8 jihad).

I'll try in IE (ugh) next time.

thanks

So here we are, about 24 hours later:

1. multiple CESMail customers post here about the same server problems, all pretty serious

2. things get better for some, then worse, then appear to be better for everyone (?)

3. although several of us file support tickets, none appear to have been responded to

4. no sign of any response or awareness by the owner/operators of CES, either her or on the official Twitter status account.

This leaves me wondering if the server simply healed itself, which I suppose is possible, but doesn't sound all that likely.

DT

Never heard another word. I'm getting a lot of emails in duplicate the last 2 days though, would that have anything to do with this? Better too many than none I guess but nevertheless it's annoying.

Well they fixed whatever it was which is the main thing, but I agree, their communication skills are lacking, but then they always have been a bit hit and miss.

The only time I've ever got a personal and thorough response was when I emailed Don D'Minion directly and he is not even on the mail side as far as I know.

I don't like to bother him with everything though as that wouldn't be fair.

After replying to my original support case email, asking if they had fixed the problem or if it just resolved itself, I received this response:

There were transient problems for some users which were resolved Monday night.

I suppose "were resolved" *might* indicate that someone did something...or maybe not.

DT

After replying to my original support case email, asking if they had fixed the problem or if it just resolved itself, I received this response:

I suppose "were resolved" *might* indicate that someone did something...or maybe not.

DT

I get the distinct impression we're on auto-pilot at the moment.

Archived