No new mail arriving

Hi, johnsenchak,

...You are understandably miffed about the problems with the e-mail service but I'm not at all convinced that such wild, borderline slanderous speculations are warranted, as there is no evidence whatsoever for the suggestions you're making.

Hi, johnsenchak,

...You are understandably miffed about the problems with the e-mail service but I'm not at all convinced that such wild, borderline slanderous speculations are warranted, as there is no evidence whatsoever for the suggestions you're making.

Prove me wrong? It's my opinion and maybe you yourself might be in denial about the real problem here. The problem is financial not anything to do with equipment problems.

I think the truth is that their might be some financial problems with paying bills as far as the server co-location . This was the same issue before Julian Haight sold spamcop (reporting) to Iron Port.

With the client base slowly leaving this might be the main problem. It's the end of the month so the bandwidth might be shut off due to lack of payment. The comment about the "new parts" is a EXCUSE

It was DDoS attacks plus legal threats/costs

http://www.pcworld.com/article/113567/article.html

Used SpamCop email even before Cesmail took it over, never had email trouble (spam reporting yes)

Now JT has vanished Cesmail seems problematitic

Bought a $5 Lotto ticket (online) how do I know if I won?

Those of you who forward mail, simply turn it off at your webmail and presto! Mail can be read there, minus the stuff that already got forwarded of course.

Those you you who pop, simply go in and turn that off. At least SC Mail settings are accessible unlike some previous outages.

Prove me wrong? It's my opinion
...You're entitled to your opinion but you wrote "the fact is..." and that doesn't imply an opinion (although now that I read more carefully, I see that you added "might be" which somewhat softens the earlier use of the word "fact" ... on the other hand, you wrote, 'The comment about the "new parts" is a EXCUSE,' which, as written appears to be a statement of fact, not opinion). I don't have to prove an assertion that there is no evidence to support your claim of "fact," it is up to you to prove it; I leave it to others to judge which of us has the better argument, if they care enough to even consider the question.
and maybe you yourself might be in denial about the real problem here. The problem is financial not anything to do with equipment problems.
...And I do not see how you could possibly know that. I certainly don't know whether it is the case or not! I just know that there is no evidence to support such a claim. Nor do I have all that much interest in the question, as I am not a CES subscriber.

• 3 months later...

Hi, johnsenchak, ...You are understandably miffed about the problems with the e-mail service but I'm not at all convinced that such wild, borderline slanderous speculations are warranted, as there is no evidence whatsoever for the suggestions you're making.

Clearly I was right with my assumption and cesmail went down the tubes :P

...And that assumption was not a subject of serious dispute. I still think that several of the other statements you made, while possibly true, are still little more than speculation. There is nothing wrong with speculation per se, but when it borders on defamation, does not belong here.

Archived