Update: Outage

At least this time it was only for a relatively short while and with mechanical failure, not much can really be done instantly. As they stated, very quickly this time I may add, they had to order in parts.

A side issue is, we believe, whomever put in the new part/server, forgot to reset the clock and now timestamps on some peoples' emails are 4 or 5 hours prior to what they should be.

Reported/posted elsewhere.

...with mechanical failure, not much can really be done instantly. As they stated, very quickly this time I may add, they had to order in parts.

But IIUC, no specifics were given as to what type of failure or which server was involved, just that "Server has failed" (via Twitter) and later, that "We are waiting on parts and the system will be down until tomorrow afternoon/early evening" (on the news page and here in the forums). Given that during the last catastrophic failure (late April-early May), they posted "We are acquiring new hardware to replace failing harware [sic]," further details would not only be welcome, but expected by the shrinking (and very dissatisfied) customer base. You're welcome to be as patient and forgiving as you wish, but we're not getting the service that we're paying for, and the cryptic, minimalistic (and sometimes nonexistent) communications from "Support" are neither adequate nor acceptable.

DT

I would imagine that there are many servers dotted around the USA, so the first parts could have been for a totally different issue and/or area. I agree it seems to be happening a lot lately, but then parts do tend to fail almost at the same time when they reach a certain age.

Anyway, I'm only an individual user so can easily switch to my webmail for mail but many are using SC for business and I realise that can be a major headache.

I would imagine that there are many servers dotted around the USA, so the first parts could have been for a totally different issue and/or area.

No, the servers are all in a single colocation facility near Atlanta, Georgia, so my question is entirely fair and should be answered (but I'm not holding my breath...).

DT

Since this is the SpamCop email support forum, I think it is inappropriate to recommend other services here. To illustrate my point, suggesting an alternative such as xxxxxxxx.xx, no matter how impressive it looks, would be out of place here.

Good lord, my post was making a joke!!!! Did anyone actually LOOK at the link (before it was censored)?

It is one thing to start an anti-CES thread here (not cool) and quite another to be overly defensive about any diss to the email system, joke or not.

Please, just get on with what's truly important...

</soapbox>

<snip>

Did anyone actually LOOK at the link (before it was censored)?

<snip>

...Yes, I did. Let's just say that, to me at least, the "joke" is not readily apparent. Even after reading it over four or five times, I'm still not certain I "get it." :( <frown> And it would have helped if the link you posted hadn't been active. But I'm willing to "let it go" and move on to discussion of more important points. :) <g>

• 2 months later...

Archived