Convert SpamCop Email account to Reporting Only

I tried the support form on Spamcop.net, but haven't heard back.

How do I go about converting my Spamcop.net account to reporting only (no forwarding)?

I currently have "13.9M bytes available" and I would like to hang on to my stats, but I don't plan on taking ces up on the offer to do filter-and-forward. I'll just report by emailing in to the submit email address.

After it gets converted, is there a way to change the username (since it's currently my [at]spamcop.net email address)?

Thank you for any hints/help.

>- I don't plan on taking ces up on the offer to do filter-and-forward.

>- I'll just report by emailing in to the submit email address.

SpamCop sends responses to your email submissions.

You have to set up forwarding so you can get the responses, Otherwise, our email will bounce, which will suspend your reporting privileges.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

I'm still not sure about this part of my question: "How do I go about converting my Spamcop.net account to [plain old] reporting only...? "

I want to know if I can keep my account and use it like I did before ces/spamcop-email existed. If so, I'm assuming I'll need a different username. Who do I ask to do all this?

I'm still not sure about this part of my question: "How do I go about converting my Spamcop.net account to [plain old] reporting only...? "

I want to know if I can keep my account and use it like I did before ces/spamcop-email existed. If so, I'm assuming I'll need a different username. Who do I ask to do all this?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but reporting should work just as it does now. Do you a spamcop email address for reporting only? Mine is "spamcop reporting <submit.VEnxxxXXXX9DHIFd[at]spam.spamcop.net>", to which I send any spam as attachments to be reported. I don't see this changing after 9/30.

...And if on the other hand you are inquiring as to whether you can convert your "SpamCop" (CES) e-mail account to a report-only account: not as far as I know but no need because report-only accounts are free (albeit with advantages to purchasing "fuel") -- see the SpamCop FAQ entry labeled "What is this? How does it work? How do I use it?"

...Sorry, zachariah, I am not familiar with the concept of "fuel" associated with a "SpamCop" (CES) e-mail account -- I was under the impression that fuel could/ needed to be purchased only for SpamCop reporting accounts because the $30 annual fee for e-mail accounts effectively included pretty much all the same advantages that us reporting members achieve by purchasing fuel.

...Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will happen by and offer more useful feedback than I can.

I don't know if there's a way to convert the account, but http://mailsc.spamcop.net/ has an option for setting the address for receiving email responses (Preferences -> Change Email address or name). I assume putting a valid address (one you actually check) would comply with what Don said above.

Then if you don't want to see the email coming to your [at]spamcop email address, perhaps you could forward it (using webmail forwarding settings) to an address you don't check. The point of this is because I don't know what CES will do with email accounts that don't have a forwarding address when they shut down, as I thought I read all accounts should have a forwarding address by the time CES shuts down. It might be wise to keep that address active so that emails sent to it don't start bouncing, as I don't know exactly where the bounces would end up and if the recipient might see the simplest solution as deactivating the account that's sending mail to it.

Please note that my only knowledge comes from being a SpamCop user and reading these forums. I'm not an employee or representative of SpamCop and cannot guarantee that there isn't a flaw in my idea. Although this is what I would try if I wanted to do for this for some reason, I'd suggest waiting at least 24 hours in case Don or one of the moderators sees a flaw in my idea. Hope this helps!

Archived