can't forward as attachment in yahoo

fragile

I posted about this in the pinned section too, but just this morning it seems I can no longer forward as attachment from yahoo mail using the Shift-Alt-F method, it just brings it up as an in-line forward. Is this happening to anyone else? Yahoo always seems to manage to mess things up. Maybe with all the money they made from the Alibaba IPO, they could hire some competent programmers.

Yahoo always seems to manage to mess things up. Maybe with all the money they made from the Alibaba IPO, they could hire some competent programmers.

Nicely said.

They might want to fix whatever it is that messes with the headers that often make it look like someone is trying to hide something. Far too often I've seen Received lines which look like a cross between an internal hand-off (i.e. Received from 127.0.0.1) and a record of receiving the message from an machine outside their network. There's probably useful information to be gleaned from such a header, but its trustworthiness is dubious.

I posted about this in the pinned section too, but just this morning it seems I can no longer forward as attachment from yahoo mail using the Shift-Alt-F method, it just brings it up as an in-line forward. Is this happening to anyone else? Yahoo always seems to manage to mess things up. Maybe with all the money they made from the Alibaba IPO, they could hire some competent programmers.

I hadn't noticed because I've been getting my Yahoo mail via POP for the past week or two, but at the moment I'm getting no response when I try to use that key combo. It used to work for me. I'm running Chrome 34 on Debian Linux.

If anyone can get Yahoo to forward as attachment, please let us know. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The timing of when things get broken is funny - I suppose it depends what is cached in the browser. I only just noticed that shift-Alt-F was broken for forwarding e-mail attachments on Yahoo mail today although I'm sure I forwarded mail without problems yesterday,

William

Having accumulated several Yahoo-based email accounts over the years, one of which is one provided by my ISP, I generally find it more convenient to download my mail with Thunderbird and forward the dodgy stuff from there. The main catch is that Yahoo seems to be allergic to receiving reports via their abuse[at] email address which has an annoying habit of sending an autoresponse recommending the use of a "report spam" button that isn't found in everyone's email software.

The timing of when things get broken is funny - I suppose it depends what is cached in the browser. I only just noticed that shift-Alt-F was broken for forwarding e-mail attachments on Yahoo mail today although I'm sure I forwarded mail without problems yesterday,

William

Actually shift-Alt-F worked for forwarding e-mail attachments today. (I forgot it was broken and then realised halfway through forwarding some spam that it had been broken yesterday.)

I like to download e-mail to archive it and for reading offline in another mail reader (pine, still); but my process for doing this is very kludgy so I'm actually behind by months. In principle, I could either use pine or possibly MacMail (which is the reader I use for the actual download) to forward mail with full headers I think. (I'm usually reporting spam mail to SpamCop that successfully ended up in Yahoo's spam folder and access to mail in the spam folder that is left online from a mail reader like pine via POP is broken),

William

I like to download e-mail to archive it and for reading offline in another mail reader (pine, still); but my process for doing this is very kludgy so I'm actually behind by months. In principle, I could either use pine or possibly MacMail (which is the reader I use for the actual download) to forward mail with full headers I think. (I'm usually reporting spam mail to SpamCop that successfully ended up in Yahoo's spam folder and access to mail in the spam folder that is left online from a mail reader like pine via POP is broken),

I used to report spam using Pine, using the "forward as attachment" option. I think there may have been a setting to enable this.

As far as getting the spam from Yahoo via POP, I think I had to enable that in the settings as well. It was working as of a few days ago, then someone told us Yahoo allows IMAP access, so I've been using that. Since all I was after is getting the message source to copy/paste into spamcop, IMAP makes more sense to me than POPing all my Yahoo mail just to report one spam. :)

Let us know if you need help finding either setting (Pine "forward as attachment" or Yahoo POP spam).

Actually shift-Alt-F worked for forwarding e-mail attachments today. (I forgot it was broken and then realised halfway through forwarding some spam that it had been broken yesterday.)

William

Confirmed as now working again for me, also.

It 'looks' as though it is back working again for me too. Spamcop must be loaded up as I usually get my reporting email back within seconds but its been 15 minutes and no email and nothing showing when I log into Spamcop. However when I used shift-Alt-F in Yahoo mail it showed an attachment again, rather than the email in the body as it started doing a few days ago.

I urged several Yahoo users I knew to go and comment on my suggest to Yahoo to reinstate the procedure. Maybe that helped?

It 'looks' as though it is back working again for me too. Spamcop must be loaded up as I usually get my reporting email back within seconds but its been 15 minutes and no email and nothing showing when I log into Spamcop. However when I used shift-Alt-F in Yahoo mail it showed an attachment again, rather than the email in the body as it started doing a few days ago.

I urged several Yahoo users I knew to go and comment on my suggest to Yahoo to reinstate the procedure. Maybe that helped?

It is still not working for me. I tried with both the newest release of Firefox and IE10.

It is still not working for me. I tried with both the newest release of Firefox and IE10.

I just submitted some some more spam, so it's still working for me.

If you haven't already tried, shut down/restart the browser completely & try again - clearing the cache alone didn't work for me (FF 28.0)

There's also the possibility that yahoo run multiple distributed servers, not all of which have been updated - not sure, but if they're anything like ebay, then which server you get can completely change the page config that you end up seeing.

I just submitted some some more spam, so it's still working for me.

If you haven't already tried, shut down/restart the browser completely & try again - clearing the cache alone didn't work for me (FF 28.0)

There's also the possibility that yahoo run multiple distributed servers, not all of which have been updated - not sure, but if they're anything like ebay, then which server you get can completely change the page config that you end up seeing.

ALT+Shift+F is sill not working for me. This is two computers with two different browsers. Both browsers have been shut down several time without any change.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived