HELP, no field for entering a forwarding address!!!

ob1db

Folks, I need help URGENTLY! Just set up a new gmail account, went to enter it in Spamcop setting and the text is there but no field to put the new address in. Using a MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.8, latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Chrome, ALL show same issue. Any ideas?

David

Folks, I need help URGENTLY! Just set up a new gmail account, went to enter it in Spamcop setting and the text is there but no field to put the new address in. Using a MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.8, latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Chrome, ALL show same issue. Any ideas?

David

Update! Just tried on Firefox on my wife's PC, same issue, no visible field or clickable link of any kind.

The forwarding address text box on the options page at webmail.spamcop.net is gone, although the instructional text is still there.

Probably that was done since further changes there would be lost, and it can only be changed now on the preferences page on the reporting side (spamcop.net).

If you go to Spamcop Reporting page (spamcop.net) you can set it up on the Preferences Page.

No, there are no mail preferences on the reporting page, there never have been. Mail preferences are on the webmail page on the Options tab and the missing field is on the correct options page it always has been on.

The reporting preferences have nothing to do with mail options and when I just looked now they still don't. If you see something different than I do, please post the exact URL you are speaking of. If there is a way to post a screenshot, that would help if you do have something the rest of us missed.

At spamcop.net, once you're logged in, click the Preferences tab. Then there's a link "Change Email address or name" that takes you to a page that includes a "Forward mail to address" text box.

Whether it actually works right now is another matter.

At spamcop.net, once you're logged in, click the Preferences tab. Then there's a link "Change Email address or name" that takes you to a page that includes a "Forward mail to address" text box.

Whether it actually works right now is another matter.

Dave L., apologies MAY be in order, my fingers are crossed. The field IS there, I got a confirming email to the new gmail account. I will let everyone know if forwarding is on tomorrow, hopefully!

BTW, the options page didn't display the new forwarding address after I made the change.

David

No, there are no mail preferences on the reporting page, there never have been. Mail preferences are on the webmail page on the Options tab and the missing field is on the correct options page it always has been on.

The reporting preferences have nothing to do with mail options and when I just looked now they still don't. If you see something different than I do, please post the exact URL you are speaking of. If there is a way to post a screenshot, that would help if you do have something the rest of us missed.

There will be if you log in. If not then something's wrong with that browser.

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=prefmenu

The mail forwarding settings have been moved there.

There will be if you log in. If not then something's wrong with that browser.

http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=prefmenu

The mail forwarding settings have been moved there.

You must have missed my earlier reply to Dave L. after he posted his response. Yes, the link is there, I used it and received and used the confirmation and got "Email delivery confirmed" acknowledgement when I clicked the link in the confirmation.

HOWEVER, no mail is going to gmail so far, only to the webmail which IS still working today, thank God!

Suggestions, anyone? Who should I write to or should I start a fresh thread or add to an existing one?

Thanks,

David

<snip>

Suggestions, anyone? Who should I write to or should I start a fresh thread or add to an existing one?

<snip>

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp You could try the SpamCop (Cisco) Deputies at e-mail address deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net.

Archived