internal server error when adding mailhost

Clicking the "Add new hosts" option on the mailhosts page gives me "500 Internal Server Error"

This was working before. I suspect it broke with yesterday's changes, where CESmail is shutting down and our webmail accounts are turning into forwarding accounts. However, I could be wrong, especially since I don't know of any reason why those changes would impact the mailhost screen.

The error screen gave a "contact us" option, so I have done that. I just thought I'd post here in case others are having the same problem.

Clicking the "Add new hosts" option on the mailhosts page gives me "500 Internal Server Error"

Ditto to above, also adding that I had a bunch of mailhosts configured for years, none of them show up now. I have filed the following on the contact page linked from the error:

"All my maihost configs have disappeared. I had maybe a half dozen or more configured, but now none of them show up on the "Edit Mailhost configuration" page.

Clicking "Add first host" results in a 500 error."

It appears that several posts on this topic got "left behind" on the old server in Georgia. The good news is that the "Add new hosts" link is no longer producing the error screen. The Cisco/Ironport/SpamCop/whomever folks appear to have quietly fixed the problem. Perhaps they're posting about it in the old NNTP usenet groups instead of here?

DT

It appears that several posts on this topic got "left behind" on the old server in Georgia. The good news is that the "Add new hosts" link is no longer producing the error screen. The Cisco/Ironport/SpamCop/whomever folks appear to have quietly fixed the problem. Perhaps they're posting about it in the old NNTP usenet groups instead of here?

DT

Yes I can now proceed past the first screen. I've added my new email service provider and it looks like it took.

However, all my old mailhost setups are all still MIA. I guess I'll wait another day before adding.

Or I may just leave it as is. Fact is, if (I guess that should be "when") I start getting regular spam again, I will probably not report via spamcop anymore. I don't want to bother with the forwarding or cut/paste nonsense. The reporting integration was about the only reason I was hanging on to the spamcop email, apart from the PIA of changing email address. </grumble>

DT

Their handling of the migration is very disappointing, as I started getting a new error from mailhost config during the time they had said this forum would be down for migration. So I waited until that time window ended, then took the time to make sure the error was still happening, post a new thread here (because it was a different error) and post a note on this thread. Because they weren't careful with user data and did it at a different time than they said they would, all of that is gone now. I think I'll just say "screw it" and let some other sap get the error, post the details and see if Cisco cares enough to fix it.

Archived