bounce error every day (SpamCop address)

anyone8

Am I the only one getting a bounce error every day when logging into the reporting account associated with my SpamCop address?

Bounce error

Your email address, [removed][at]spamcop.net has returned a bounce:
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
Reason: 5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) 'timeout'

Yet, notwithstanding the problems that happened about a week ago when CES shutdown, every test message I send to my SpamCop address from my Yahoo account gets through.

I have noticed I no longer receive the auto-reply when submitting spam via email. That's no big deal, but I bet that's what's bouncing. Kind of sad if the Cisco server that runs that can't communicate with the Cisco server that forwards mail, but that's my best guess.

Can anyone enlighten me what is going on?

Well, he confirmed that it flags it after one bounce. The question was why this kept happening, given that the reporting part of spamcop should be able to communicate with the email forwarding part of spamcop.

However, it seems to have been fixed 2-3 hours ago, based on the header I quote below. I have bolded the two received lines that, if I'm not mistaken show where this mail was delayed. I assume (yes I know that's dangerous) whatever delayed this mail was causing the previous bounces.

Received: from esa1.spamcop.iphmx.com ([68.232.142.20]) by BAY004-MC3F27.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(7.5.7601.22712);
Tue, 7 Oct 2014 13:02:55 -0700
X-IronPort-Anti-spam-Filtered: true
Received: from vmx.spamcop.net (HELO vmx5.spamcop.net) ([184.94.240.112])
by esa1.spamcop.iphmx.com with ESMTP; 07 Oct 2014 12:02:54 -0800
Received: from vmx.spamcop.net (prod-sc-smtp11.sv4.ironport.com [10.8.129.221])
by vmx5.spamcop.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id DC3D2ED17E
for <patrick8[at]spamcop.net>; Tue, 7 Oct 2014 13:02:53 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from prod-sc-app11.sv4.ironport.com (HELO prod-sc-app11.spamcop.net) ([10.8.140.184])
by prod-sc-smtp-vip.sv4.ironport.com with SMTP; 06 Oct 2014 19:14:29 -0700

From: SpamCop AutoResponder <spamcop[at]devnull.spamcop.net>
To: [removed][at]spamcop.net
Subject: [spamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 02:14:28 GMT

The headers were very long, so I removed all but the received lines and the from/to/subject/date.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Oh, I was referring to this part of his post (emphasis via red text mine):

All you need to do is log in and resolve the bounce issue.<snip>

You did that step and still it shows the message?

Oh, I was referring to this part of his post (emphasis via red text mine):You did that step and still it shows the message?

Yes, when I logged in and it presented me with the bounce error, I sent a test mail from my Yahoo account to verify my SpamCop address was working (including waiting for the mail to show up at my forwarding address), then clicked the button in the reporting system to indicate the problem was resolved. It would work that morning, and then the next morning the error would be back.

This started in the aftermath of the CES shutdown. I finally decided it might just be me and started this thread this morning.

A few hours later, I started getting the reporting auto-replies ("Subject: [spamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing") which I hadn't seen in days. I'm betting that means they fixed something and now it will stop saying my address bounces. However, the true test is whether or not the bounce error comes up when I log in tomorrow morning.

Archived