namecheaphosting

msealey

Although I've had promises to take action from namecheaphosting.com, their filth continues to pour in.

http://www.namecheaphosting.com doesn't seem to resolve, though.

Anyone know who they are and how they can be stopped, please?

TIA!

msealey,

I edited your post so that the link does not work and their fore aid SEO for this website.

As you, I'm sure, understand this anti-spam forum would not want to provide a link to a hosting service that does not take their responsabilities to heart.

When I checked the domain did resolve.

Domain Name: NAMECHEAPHOSTING.COM

Registry Domain ID: 1015789512_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com

Registrar URL: www.enom.com

Updated Date: 2014-05-09 02:33:23Z

Creation Date: 2007-06-07 11:59:42Z

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-06-07 11:59:00Z

Registrar: ENOM, INC.

Registrar IANA ID: 48

Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse[at]enom.com

Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4252982646

Reseller: NAMECHEAP, INC

Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited

Registry Registrant ID:

Registrant Name: NAMECHEAP.COM NAMECHEAP.COM

Registrant Organization: NAMECHEAP, INC

Registrant Street: 11400 W. OLYMPIC BLVD. SUITE 200

Registrant City: LOS ANGELES

Registrant State/Province: CA

Registrant Postal Code: 90064

Registrant Country: US

Registrant Phone: +1.6613102107

Registrant Phone Ext:

Registrant Fax: +1.6613102107

Registrant Fax Ext:

Registrant Email: SUPPORT[at]NAMECHEAP.COM

Registry Admin ID:

Admin Name: NAMECHEAP.COM NAMECHEAP.COM

Admin Organization: NAMECHEAP, INC

Admin Street: 11400 W. OLYMPIC BLVD. SUITE 200

Admin City: LOS ANGELES

Admin State/Province: CA

Admin Postal Code: 90064

Admin Country: US

Admin Phone: +1.6613102107

Admin Phone Ext:

Admin Fax: +1.6613102107

Admin Fax Ext:

Admin Email: SUPPORT[at]NAMECHEAP.COM

Registry Tech ID:

Tech Name: NAMECHEAP.COM NAMECHEAP.COM

Tech Organization: NAMECHEAP, INC

Tech Street: 11400 W. OLYMPIC BLVD. SUITE 200

Tech City: LOS ANGELES

Tech State/Province: CA

Tech Postal Code: 90064

Tech Country: US

Tech Phone: +1.6613102107

Tech Phone Ext:

Tech Fax: +1.6613102107

Tech Fax Ext:

Tech Email: SUPPORT[at]NAMECHEAP.COM

Name Server: NS1.WEB-HOSTING.COM

Name Server: NS2.WEB-HOSTING.COM

DNSSEC: unSigned

URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-05-09 02:33:23Z

Above is what I get when I do a whois on the doamin.

May be is issue of DNS tables not being updated. try doing a Google on the domain name. the google links work for me.

In Safari 7 on 10.9.5 and the usual DNS etc tools on a LAN attempts to return info or display a page all just time out.

Could be problem with the nameservers you are using (ISP defaults go temporarily wonky from time to time) or it could be local cache issue. Good idea to find an authoritative nameserver to verify DNS, start with a public one to do that.

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>nslookup -type=ns namecheaphosting.com 8.8.8.8

Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com

Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:

namecheaphosting.com nameserver = ns2.web-hosting.com

namecheaphosting.com nameserver = ns1.web-hosting.com

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>nslookup namecheaphosting.com ns1.web-hosting.com

Server: ns1.web-hosting.com

Address: 199.188.205.135

Name: namecheaphosting.com

Address: 74.81.85.95

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>nslookup -type=ptr 74.81.85.95 ns1.web-hosting.com

Server: ns1.web-hosting.com

Address: 199.188.205.135

95.85.81.74.in-addr.arpa name = vps3.namecheaphosting.com

85.81.74.in-addr.arpa nameserver = nn101.namecheaphosting.com

85.81.74.in-addr.arpa nameserver = nn1.namecheaphosting.com

nn1.namecheaphosting.com internet address = 199.188.205.135

nn101.namecheaphosting.com internet address = 205.251.128.234

Or use http://centralops.net/co/DomainDossier.aspx - tick all the query boxes for a comprehensive report, including abuse addresses etc.

David,

> I'm a customer of NameCheap and found them to be both responsive and responsible. I'll need to see some very convincing evidence to think otherwise.

Regrettably, see http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=showhistory;slice=issueid;val=557107224

That's about 10% of it :-(

Sorry…

David,

> I'm a customer of NameCheap and found them to be both responsive and responsible. I'll need to see some very convincing evidence to think otherwise.

Regrettably, see http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=showhistory;slice=issueid;val=557107224

That's about 10% of it :-(

Sorry…

Interesting... the 2 subdomain URLs in those spams are both hosted at a namecheap IP, but the domain itself is hosted at softlayer. The registrar for the domain also appears to be namecheap (acting as a reseller for enom), according to enom.com/whois/default.aspx - it may be worth making a spam complaint outside of spamcop to the abuse emails for both enom & namecheap, noting in it that namecheap is acting both as hoster & registrar (and also noting the sheer volume of spam you're receiving related to that domain!).

Thanks, knightshade; I'm reluctant to supply any of these ******'s with an email address which they can use against me.

Last week I did get (via SC, thank you!) three acknowledgements from namecheap that they were "looking into it".

But the muck keeps on coming from them.

namecheap's site looks so convincing: it's tempting to approach them 'person to person' (so to speak) and open a dialog. But I don't want to waste my time :-(

Thanks, knightshade; I'm reluctant to supply any of these ******'s with an email address which they can use against me.

Last week I did get (via SC, thank you!) three acknowledgements from namecheap that they were "looking into it".

But the muck keeps on coming from them.

namecheap's site looks so convincing: it's tempting to approach them 'person to person' (so to speak) and open a dialog. But I don't want to waste my time :-(

If you've got a yahoo mail account, you can set up 'disposable' email addresses that can be handy for such situations - I've used one of these to make complaints directly to namecheap/enom & (so far) it's never been targeted for any additional abuse. The moment it does ever get targeted, I can blow it away & move on to a fresh disposable address,

knightshade,

Thanks. But how do you advise them of the (actually your) address that they're abusing without telling them what it is?

(If you see what I mean.)

Of course they do already have the address they're spamming because… they're spamming you/me.

If I thought name cheap were reputable, I'd call them and tell them to stop it. But I just don't trust them.

have today filed BBB and District Attorney complaints.

knightshade,

Thanks. But how do you advise them of the (actually your) address that they're abusing without telling them what it is?

(If you see what I mean.)

Of course they do already have the address they're spamming because… they're spamming you/me.

If I thought name cheap were reputable, I'd call them and tell them to stop it. But I just don't trust them.

have today filed BBB and District Attorney complaints.

I understand your point - there's plenty of places I won't submit direct complaints to because they appear too dodgy - that's where spamcop fits in - however, IMHO and going by my own experiences, namecheap doesn't fit in that category.

knightshade,

Thanks for your help: when you say that namecheap doesn't fit in that category, do you mean that in your experience, they're reputable?

I'm having to report dozens of emails from namecheap (via SC) daily.

Am utterly sick of them. Have tried blocking all last octets of IP addresses from which their trash seems to originate. But they immediately find another one.

I'd dearly like to see them go under for good - and fast…

knightshade,

Thanks for your help: when you say that namecheap doesn't fit in that category, do you mean that in your experience, they're reputable?

Whilst I have had my issues with them, yeah, I'd have to say that I've found them to be reputable.

BTW, check your PMs - I sent you a couple of possible things to try,

David,

The spamvertized URLs in those reports don't resolve to working websites. Perhaps action has been taken? Also, the primary purpose of SC is in dealing with the sources of email spam, not with spamvertized URLs. Looks like a lot of bogus info on the whois for reliefrecoverstrenght.link, which is something you can also use to have action taken.

DT

Thanks, David. Per knightshade's suggestion, am following up with uniregistry too…

I appreciate what you say about SC's mission being a more direct one.

At the same time SC is revealing a whole variety of actual spammers, taking advantage of namecheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past month, I've been receiving a flood of spam from throwaway domains registered by Namecheap, which appears to be a reseller for eNom, a notorious spamhost — just do a search on "enom spam" to see for yourself.

The sadist thing is these snow shoe spammers seem to have figured out the anti-spam formula. They never get listed as they just hop IPs keeping mags under the threshold. I personally think they're using reports as a sampling function to predict such listings.

Something needs to change.