[Resolved] "This email contains no date" message

JoeF

I get a "This email contains no date" message when I try to report some spam, but there is a Date: header in the mail:

Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 10:00:24 +0200

The format looks correct, but the parser seems to choke on it. Any idea why?

Hi, JoeF,

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp It would probably help us to see the complete parse, which we would be able to do if you provided the Tracking URL of the SC parse of your spam. Often in such cases, there is an internet header line somewhere that should have a date/ time but it's either missing or in the wrong formal. You may be able to find other relevant hints by searching for the phrase "This email contains no date" using the handy "Search" tool that appears near the top right of almost all SC Forum pages.

Hi, Joe,
&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp That's okay, we don't want to see the e-mail, we need to see the parse results. You may be able to find it by navigating to the "Past Reports" tab at www.spamcop.net, then clicking the "View recent reports" link. When you click on one of the links of one of those reports, look for a link labeled "Parse" -- that link will be the Tracking URL that we need.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Now that I see how much effort it is to find it, I will understand if you prefer to wait until the next one! :) <g>

Often in such cases, there is an internet header line somewhere that should have a date/ time but it's either missing or in the wrong formal.

Got this again, and you are right.

One of the "Received: from" lines doesn't have a date:

...Received: from <ip-address> by cmpweb23.aul.t-online.de with HTTP/1.1 (Lisa V3-6-4-0.12121 on API V3-23-0-0)

Archived