[Resolved] Mailhost configured and what now?

Ok,

I'm just configured my host from private dedicated server where I have few e-mail accounts but registered only once with my main e-mail address.

Is that correct?

After I received a message:

-------

Hello SpamCop user,
Thank you for registering your mailhost (MY HOST NAME) with spamcop.
-------
Is that's all?
Can I forward a spam e-mails to spamcop as usual using all my e-mail accounts in registered Mailhost?

Yeah, already read something and I see that I should have some enable / disable quick report option in 'Mailhosts' tab but I don't see anything like that.

Was sent a test spam forward but didn't get any reply about that.

I'm asking because before Mailhost setup I was able to send spam as attachment to spamcop. Now I can't do that (after sending test mail I'm not received any message that I have to confirm sending report) and that's why I am confused.

If I use only 2 e-mail addresses there is no risk to block my server because is simple "forward as attachment" if I understand correctly?

So your advise for me is that I need to save spam mail as a file, open in txt for example and copy whole email with headers to online form in spamcop.net?

Thank you in advance.

Starting in the beginning:

Have you logged into your spamcop account lately? You may see a flag saying that emails from spamcop to you have bounced. That needs to be fixed, THEN the flag cleared.

Look at the data under the Mailhost tab: Is that data correct? If not you it may becausing your problems.

I do not believe there are any settings under preferences or mailhost that should cause you NOT to get a response to a submit email with spam as attachment(s).

Configuration of mailhost should not change how you "attach" spam to you submit email reporting to SC. Due to how some email applications/web email apps, extra steps are necessary to get the spam attached correctly. What/how are us using to read and send email to SC? Have you change/updated that lately?

<snip>

If I use only 2 e-mail addresses there is no risk to block my server because is simple "forward as attachment" if I understand correctly?

So your advise for me is that I need to save spam mail as a file, open in txt for example and copy whole email with headers to online form in spamcop.net?

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp The "Quick Reporting" option is entirely different than submitting spam to SpamCop via e-mail. :) <g> The risk in using the "Quick Reporting" option is not related to whether you submit spam to the parser by using e-mail or on the online form; the risk is the same. My advice is to submit spam using whichever method you prefer but to NOT use the "Quick Reporting" option.

Sorry for double post.

Starting in the beginning:

Have you logged into your spamcop account lately? You may see a flag saying that emails from spamcop to you have bounced. That needs to be fixed, THEN the flag cleared.

Look at the data under the Mailhost tab: Is that data correct? If not you it may becausing your problems.

I do not believe there are any settings under preferences or mailhost that should cause you NOT to get a response to a submit email with spam as attachment(s).

Configuration of mailhost should not change how you "attach" spam to you submit email reporting to SC. Due to how some email applications/web email apps, extra steps are necessary to get the spam attached correctly. What/how are us using to read and send email to SC? Have you change/updated that lately?

I'm using eM Client Pro version. Reported one spam today and everything was successful so I think there was a one kind of error or something like hat.

Now everything is fine.

Thank you again guys for helping me :).

Archived