Own ISP marked as spammer

as the very first line of your submitted spam starts out with;

ed-To: x

I'd say you need to take a look at just how you are doing your submitting. If cut/paste, you make a mistake. If Forwarding, there may be some issues in your applications. If it was really the spam itself, it might be more surprising to see that it actually made it to your InBox.

I'm also moving this to Help, as I don't see the relevance of a Mail-Host issue from what you've provided.

ed-To: x

I saw... but in the cc of the report/forward It's just "Delivered-To:" So that's not the problem (I think...) My problem is that my mailhost are still not correcty set-up and I'm now wondering what to do...

Sure, the missing/screwed up data is simple to see for the human eye, but that's not what's doing the parsing. And that tool expects to see a "correct" header. As I said, starting out with a bad line of header data is tantamount to poking a stick through the bicycle wheel .. granted, the spokes may break the stick and keep on rotating, but the odds are that some damage was done ...

That said, if you have issues with the Mail-Host thing, you've already mentioned the much repeated directions to contact the Deputies with your data, so not sure why you answered those directions with "except contacting the Deputies" .... Am trying to figure out why you'd expect anyone to be able to hazard a guess as to what you've done, what you've not done, what you've ignored .... as pointed out repeatedly in the Forum that you originally posted this, the Deputies are basically the only folks besides Julian that have enough access to dig up your details.

the Deputies are basically the only folks besides Julian that have enough access to dig up your details.

Thanks for the information... So I'll guess I'll have to stop bothering trying to report spam as it's really TOO MUCH trouble to get this thing going.... and the deputies are not able to help.

Best Regards,

Chris

Well, plenty of others have managed to set it up properly. It's been working just fine for me.

As Wazoo says, none of us users can help with this, as we can't see the details of what went wrong. The deputies can help, if you can be bothered to contact them. If not, then...

and the deputies are not able to help

That's quite an unusual statement ... not that they will have the answers, but if it's over their heads, they pass the issue on to the main man - Julian. Now whether your issue is of a nature to distract Julian from whatever his focus is on at the time he sees the up-feed is uncertain, for sure, but .... unless there's a long story "we" are not aware of, your remark just seems odd.

long story

I guess so....

30-4: online mailhosts testing

(...)

8-5: SC- me - waiver granted

9-5 me to SC - thanks; waiver granted, but it doesn't seem te be working

10-5 SC to me - try it now; should be working

10-5 me to SC - thanks, it works; but mailhost are not correct (possible problem?)

11-5 me to SC- sorry, I wrote that it worked; but thats not true (my own ISP is being marked as spammer)

11-5 SC to me - try again

11-5 me to SC - works! but is it stable?

11-5 SC to me - not at all; Julian looked at it; there are just too many wrong configure mailservers and localhosts

12-5 me to SC - mailservers conpletely re-routed by ISP's (2), please set-up the following mailhosts.

13-5 SC to me - go ahead and register them yourself; we cannot do that..

13-5 me to SC - (basic info of) mailhost were set-up online; hereby the required changes/corrections

(...)

15-5 me to SC - reminder; due to the fact I'm dying to start reporting again...

16-5 me to SC - reminder; plus note that I put some suggestions online as I think this whole 'thing' is costing both of use way too much time.. (it should be possible to have things more simple and effective)

... but 2 more reminders (last on 21-5) later I feel it's way too much trouble (for me and SC) to get things thing running; so instead of investing more of my time SC I decided it's not worth anymore to help the world in reporting spam. So I guess i'll have to rewrite our company-mailrules this week to auto-delete received spam.

Too bad.

Hi, Chris,

...Sorry to hear of all these problems. I had several problems, too, but there came a time when deleting all my mailhosts entries and starting over actually resulted in the thing finally working! Other people have reported the same. You might want to try that before giving up entirely. Also, if that doesn't work, just deleting all your mailhosts entries and not trying again should put you back to where you were before you started and allow you to submit spam reports again.

...Good luck! If you do decide to leave us, we'll miss your contributions to the blocklist.

...Oh, and Moderators -- shouldn't this go back to the "Mailhosts System Beta Test" forum? It seems clearly to be a problem with this user's mailhosts configuration.

...Oh, and Moderators -- shouldn't this go back to the "Mailhosts System Beta Test" forum? It seems clearly to be a problem with this user's mailhosts configuration.

Sure I'll put it back there .. just a bit frustrating here .. look how long it took to get to what the "real" problem is ... and then look at all the things now seen to have been spoken to, yet also seemingly shrugged off by the complainant ... dang ...

I had several problems, too, but there came a time when deleting all my mailhosts entries and starting over actually resulted in the thing finally working!

I did, but due to the fact that the data connected to the mailhost is GLOBAL the wrong information kept popping back. Just to let you know...

Also, if that doesn't work, just deleting all your mailhosts entries and not trying again should put you back to where you were before you started and allow you to submit spam reports again.

Offcourse... but al long I can't use the mailhost system I'm not going to report spam, as checking and validating each report is way too much work.

I just wanted to do an easy contribution to the spam problem ;)

<snip>

Also, if that doesn't work, just deleting all your mailhosts entries and not trying again should put you back to where you were before you started and allow you to submit spam reports again.

Offcourse... but al long I can't use the mailhost system I'm not going to report spam, as checking and validating each report is way too much work.

<snip>

Hmmm ... it's probably just me but I don't see the relationship between mailhosts and checking and validating each report (except that you can't use quick reporting if you started the mailhosts configuration and haven't either completed it or backed out of it). I think even with mailhosts you need to (or, at least, should) do that. Can you elaborate? Maybe someone can offer suggestions as to how to make your life easier.

Archived