My test message finally bounced back to me because you have a loop setup.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at nectarine.mail.uk.easynet.net.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<michael.stevens<at>britishlibrary.net>:

This message is looping: it already has my Delivered-To line. (#5.4.6)

My message went to britishlibrary.net here:

Received: from mail1.kopin.com ([199.79.137.65])

by bmx0.mail.uk.easynet.net with esmtp (Exim 4.34)

id 1BSc0O-000133-6h

for michael.stevens<at>britishlibrary.net; Tue, 25 May 2004 14:30:09 +0100

You have spamcop popping your britishlibrary.net address here after some internal handling:

Received: from mail.britishlibrary.net [195.40.67.24]

by mailgate.cesmail.net with POP3 (fetchmail-6.2.1)

for snevets<at>spamcop.net (single-drop); Tue, 25 May 2004 12:46:45 -0400 (EDT)

You have spamcop forwarding the message beck to britishlibrary.net after some internal handling here:

Received: from c60.cesmail.net ([216.154.195.49])

by bmx0.mail.uk.easynet.net with esmtp (Exim 4.34)

id 1BSf6T-00039n-NO

for michael.stevens<at>britishlibrary.net; Tue, 25 May 2004 17:48:37 +0100

You need to go into your webmail account.

Select Options, SpamCop Tools, Select your email forwarding, change your password or mail reports.

Delete the entry for Forwarding Address and save.

Then you should start to see email in the Inbox start to collect. Once that starts to work, we can work on getting your email popped from spamcop to your local machine.

You need to go into your webmail account.

Select Options, SpamCop Tools, Select your email forwarding, change your password or mail reports.

Delete the entry for Forwarding Address and save.

Then you should start to see email in the Inbox start to collect.  Once that starts to work, we can work on getting your email popped from spamcop to your local machine.

Steven Thanks

Overnight I have deleted forwarding which was michael.stevens[at]britishlibrary.net added all the days of the week to reports and pressed submit. I have not changed my password yet.

I have checked all the relevant entries carefully. My Account Name in Outlook/server is entered as snevets[at]spamcp.net

This morning I get some sound mail and one obvious spam in my Outlook british library account ( for a short while yesterday I did get one of my many trial messages to myself on spamcop webmail).

Overnight I have deleted forwarding which was michael.stevens[at]britishlibrary.net added all the days of the week to reports and pressed submit. I have not changed my password yet.

Good about turning off the forwarding. The spamcop password is not hte one in question (did you post that one too?).

I have checked all the relevant entries carefully. My Account Name in Outlook/server is entered as snevets<at>spamcp.net

I assume spamcp.net is a typo here and not on the actual account.

This morning I get some sound mail and one obvious spam in my Outlook british library account ( for a short while yesterday I did get one of my many trial messages to myself on spamcop webmail).

If you are still popping your britishlibrary account and not leaving messages on the server, they will not get to spamcop. If you leave them on the server, you will have 2 copies (of anything that gets by the filters you have setup) when you pop the spamcop.net account.

Mail is coming along well. now my server or ISP has cleared thieir backlog of up to 12 hours

Accumulated mail, including another of yours is now on my britishlibrary account which suits me fine. Meanwhile blocked spam is building up in my held mail. I can check the report every day on britishlibrary (no genuine mail has so far appeared.) Occasionally I can then trash and delete on spamcop. At one time there were more tha 400 spam messages.

So Spamcop is solving a very serious problem and well well worth its 30 dollars. Thanks very much Michael

Glad it is working for you. It took a while, but by taking tiny steps, things became clearer.

Thank you for updating this thread. Too often these things just drop off the list with no know resolution.

P.S. I have removed tyour configuration from my pop box, but please change any passwords you posted here. It is a public forum after all.

Archived