No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

wow

I have been a SpamCop user for more than a year, but recently get these messages anytime I submit spam. My point is that i make sure to 'show headers' before submitting - an example is below:

Begin forwarded message:

> From: REAL PROMO LOTTERIA,S.A.ESPAÑA <real22526[at]netscape.net>

> Date: May 25, 2004 11:51:05 AM CDT

> To: x

> Subject: REAL LOTTERIA WINNER !!!

> Reply-To: real22526[at]netscape.net

> Return-Path: <real22526[at]netscape.net>

> Received: from [80.38.34.191] (HELO netscape1800.com) by usmac.net

> (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 4.1.8) with SMTP id 580073 for x;

> Tue, 25 May 2004 09:51:00 -0500

> Mime-Version: 1.0

> Content-Type: multipart/mixed;

> boundary="706d0469-ae7c-11d8-9a9c-00105a65a26f"

> Message-Id: <auto-000000580073[at]usmac.net>

So the headers are here - am I doing something else wrong?

Wayne

Well for one thing, if you are submitting them in that format, they will not parse properly. There should not be the > character before each line. Julian tightened up the code several months back, requiring proper handling of all messages.

You do not mention what email application you are using. Start by going here choosing the appropriate application. Forward as attachment is the general standard answer, but specificas shoul dbe found in that FAQ. Please post any additional comments/questions here.

Not a clue what you're using for submittal, reading, posting, cut/paste, on and on .... but, in addition to what StevenUnderwood offered, you should also know that whatever you used to post your sample shows a severe problem with word/line-wrap .... The following lines in your sample;

> Received: from [80.38.34.191] (HELO netscape1800.com) by usmac.net

> (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 4.1.8) with SMTP id 580073 for x;

should be on a single line. If the line was too long to "display" on a single line, then the wrapped portion should have some white-space preceding it to "show" that it's a continued line. Your sample doesn't show this. On the other hand, this PowerBoard software tends to drop a lot of white-space in all the wrong places. The point here is that while agreeing that the ">" needs to disappear, there may be even more to the story, and that needs to be resolved also.

Archived