Quick Reporting?

HaroldH

It may be safer to use the show technical information data, and find out it there is some way to reduce the spam that you are getting.

The sbl.spamhaus.org DNSbl primarily lists networks owned by spammers. Occasionaly they will list the mail servers of a domain that is allowing rampant abuse, but usually collateral damage is non-existant.

Open Proxy DNSbls will usually remove a lot of spam with as near to zero rejection of real e-mails, an example is xbl.spamhaus.org

Open Relays are universally blocked even though they may be a real mail server. And most mail servers use an open relay list..

Since there is the possibiltiy of losing a real e-mal from an open relay list, and almost none from an open proxy list, any mail server that is using an open relay list has really no excuse as to why they are accepting spam from known open proxies.

Many of us do not see spam once the spam source is listed by spamhaus or by any of the major open relay or open proxy lists, so the only protection that spamcop.net adds is from new sources of spam.

A dynamic address list may also help, but some of them may list legitimate mail sources.

-John

Personal Opinion Only

So, what does one need to do to be authorized to use Quick Reporting? spam Cop is great, but it's taking way too much time for me to report all the spam I get every day...

Please ask the Deputies.

So, what does one need to do to be authorized to use Quick Reporting? spam Cop is great, but it's taking way too much time for me to report all the spam I get every day...

This is an extension of the answer JeffG gave.

If you send a submission to the quick.X address, (valid 3 months ago) you will get a reply stating the messages were submitted and that quick reporting is disabled. That message will also include instructions on how to get authorized.

If this is no longer true, please inform me so I can stop giving this advice. Since I am authorized, I don't get the messages any longer.

Steve

Archived