Forum message order...

agsteele

I'm hoping for some help for my confused brain :blink:

This morning I've come to the forums and when I open any thread instead of the messages being listed in date order, they appear, instead, to be randomly ordered - certainly not with the most recent message at the end.

I'm sure there must be a setting in the preferences/profile somehwere but I can't find anything.

Does anyone have any insight they can share with me?

I know that when the solution is offered it will be absolutely obvious - it always is :)

Andrew

Best I can do is agree with you, I don't see anything I can chnage that would disrupt the way this thing works. Even the cookie should allegedly just be a pointer to the last message read (though that sure throws me for a loop many times) ...

I've found that if I perform any Moderator actions or go read a PM, I'll come back to find everything as read, which is a real pain tryin gto figure out what I've really seen or not .. but, I do have to state that everything is still sorted on a time basis .... know this hasn't helped at all, but I just don't see an easy answer.

Might ask the usual questions, OS, browser, etc. ???

Best I can do is agree with you

Hi Wazoo!

Thanks for the quick response. You gave me a clue. I, logged out, cleared out some cookies, come back and everything is fine.

Obviously something fouled up locally. :blink:

Andrew

Archived