Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paulgj

ocn.ad.jp spam

7 posts in this topic

Lately I don't get a huge amount of spam but it seems like almost all the spam I do get ends up being reported to abuse[at]ocn.ad.jp.    There seems to be no letup in the quantity though, so am wondering if ocn.ad.jp is actually a known spammer friendly provider of some kind?

I don't know about ocn.ad.jp but it would seem so.

If you would go back to one of the spam you have reported and looking at the reports sent you will find their IP address (SpamCop tracks IP addresses not domains) you could then go to https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=map and find the reputation of their IP address.

apparently this provider is a major spam gateway, seems like sending spam reports to them is an exercise in futility 

Submitting spam does feed the blocklist though.

6 hours ago, paulgj said:

apparently this provider is a major spam gateway, seems like sending spam reports to them is an exercise in futility 

6 hours ago, paulgj said:

Would help if you gave a trking url?
even a IP address.
In the mean time have no idea what you are on about?

I get too many spams latelly from ocn.ad.jp Can we do anything to this provider? Just block all of their clients. That should make them think once their normal clients start complaining for non delivered emails.

Also it is kind of funny. Gmail delivers email from this forum into spam box. Just FYI

Edited by lepa71

As you can tell from this year long thread, some spammers don't change.  Reporting all spam from ocn.ad.jp and their clients that use IP addresses controlled by them, will help keep their IPs on the SpamCop block list.

1 hour ago, lepa71 said:

Also it is kind of funny. Gmail delivers email from this forum into spam box. Just FYI

Yes, many ISP's use rather dumb filters, based on domain names - not IP addresses, to filter incoming email.  Why someone would think a spammer would include the word 'spam' in their domain name and use that to filter email, I do not know.  I believe you should be able to add SpamCop.net to your white list to over-ride the basic filtering.