paulgj

ocn.ad.jp spam

Just wondering. Why big ISP like yahoo or google just block the whole subnet and be done with that? I understand it may affect normal users, but this way they will leave and ISP will have to address those issues. It's not easy to get new IPs for ISP nowadays.

On 13/02/2018 at 8:15 AM, petzl said:

Japanese have little English skills and tend to turn off malware programs like windows defender because it "nags" them

Well they like to send the same template response to everyone

spam.jpg

On 08/03/2018 at 3:10 PM, lepa71 said:

Just wondering. Why big ISP like yahoo or google just block the whole subnet and be done with that? I understand it may affect normal users, but this way they will leave and ISP will have to address those issues. It's not easy to get new IPs for ISP nowadays.

I've tried blocking them on Gmail via IP etc but they still get through instead of being deleted like I pick on the rule

Sorry I don't use gmail.  The spam you keep getting, are they from the same IP you tried to block? or a different IP controlled by the same ISP?

5 hours ago, Lking said:

Sorry I don't use gmail.  The spam you keep getting, are they from the same IP you tried to block? or a different IP controlled by the same ISP?

Gmail use their own spam sorting methods they do not block spam you can add "email addies" to block

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2368132?hl=en

If you get too much spam they do block you

Edited by petzl

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, petzl said:

Gmail use their own spam sorting methods they do not block spam you can add "email addies" to block

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2368132?hl=en

If you get too much spam they do block you

Is that link useful?

admin.google.com is for G Suite accounts only. Regular Gmail accounts cannot be used to sign in to admin.google.com

==

And spam can be blocked

A message from an approved sender will still be blocked if directed to do so by the sender's Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) policy.

==

Hence all users of a mailing list who post using AoL.com addresses will be invisible to Gmail users.

==

2 hours ago, michaelanglo said:

Is that link useful?

admin.google.com is for G Suite accounts only. Regular Gmail accounts cannot be used to sign in to admin.google.com

==

And spam can be blocked

A message from an approved sender will still be blocked if directed to do so by the sender's Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) policy.

==

Hence all users of a mailing list who post using AoL.com addresses will be invisible to Gmail users.

==

AFAIK Gmail just sort spam not block it??

20 hours ago, petzl said:

AFAIK Gmail just sort spam not block it??

It used to and you can define a "never send to spam" filter and get the email list posts from Yahoo users

but NOT aol.com any more in ordinary free Gmail (some folk report that some business versions of Gmail don't have this problem),

Gmail take DMARC seriously and so the Lois McMaster Bujold (Mailman) list and email from Baen's Bar have some user posts missing if you read them with Gmail.

Edited by michaelanglo