ocn.ad.jp spam

Just wondering. Why big ISP like yahoo or google just block the whole subnet and be done with that? I understand it may affect normal users, but this way they will leave and ISP will have to address those issues. It's not easy to get new IPs for ISP nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 08/03/2018 at 3:10 PM, lepa71 said:

Just wondering. Why big ISP like yahoo or google just block the whole subnet and be done with that? I understand it may affect normal users, but this way they will leave and ISP will have to address those issues. It's not easy to get new IPs for ISP nowadays.

I've tried blocking them on Gmail via IP etc but they still get through instead of being deleted like I pick on the rule

5 hours ago, Lking said:

Sorry I don't use gmail.  The spam you keep getting, are they from the same IP you tried to block? or a different IP controlled by the same ISP?

Gmail use their own spam sorting methods they do not block spam you can add "email addies" to block

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2368132?hl=en

If you get too much spam they do block you

Edited by petzl

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, petzl said:

Gmail use their own spam sorting methods they do not block spam you can add "email addies" to block

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2368132?hl=en

If you get too much spam they do block you

Is that link useful?

admin.google.com is for G Suite accounts only. Regular Gmail accounts cannot be used to sign in to admin.google.com

==

And spam can be blocked

A message from an approved sender will still be blocked if directed to do so by the sender's Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) policy.

==

Hence all users of a mailing list who post using AoL.com addresses will be invisible to Gmail users.

==

2 hours ago, michaelanglo said:

Is that link useful?

admin.google.com is for G Suite accounts only. Regular Gmail accounts cannot be used to sign in to admin.google.com

==

And spam can be blocked

A message from an approved sender will still be blocked if directed to do so by the sender's Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) policy.

==

Hence all users of a mailing list who post using AoL.com addresses will be invisible to Gmail users.

==

AFAIK Gmail just sort spam not block it??

20 hours ago, petzl said:

AFAIK Gmail just sort spam not block it??

It used to and you can define a "never send to spam" filter and get the email list posts from Yahoo users

but NOT aol.com any more in ordinary free Gmail (some folk report that some business versions of Gmail don't have this problem),

Gmail take DMARC seriously and so the Lois McMaster Bujold (Mailman) list and email from Baen's Bar have some user posts missing if you read them with Gmail.

Edited by michaelanglo

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2017 at 3:48 PM, lepa71 said:

I get too many spams latelly from ocn.ad.jp Can we do anything to this provider? Just block all of their clients. That should make them think once their normal clients start complaining for non delivered emails.

Also it is kind of funny. Gmail delivers email from this forum into spam box. Just FYI

I too constantly get fed phishing mails from this provider. They always ignore my reports and other as well it seems.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dave_L said:

I'm glad I could help clarify the situation. There no need for thanks. :)

Ah obtuse too, well no shock there.........meanwhile intelligent people will see Google are blocking people from reporting the spammers, here even a police report I sent regarding phishing a UK bank was blocked by them!

police.jpg

I foten get

On 8/23/2018 at 4:28 PM, nucleon said:

I have informed the Japanese Ministry of Communication of this situation. So far, nothing but "Contact NTT..."

Why not info@jpcert.or.jp?

I still get spam from ocn.ad.jp. They're doing nothing about it.

Also since i get them on my Google mail we have that problem that Spamcop can't parse Google internal IPV6 address.

I am beginning to think Spamcop or Cisco just don't care anymore. It will never be fixed.

Edited by klappa

7 hours ago, salfordian said:

Ah obtuse too, well no shock there.........meanwhile intelligent people will see Google are blocking people from reporting the spammers, here even a police report I sent regarding phishing a UK bank was blocked by them!

There's no need for compliments either. We're all in this together. Teamwork!

Have been receiving ocn.ad.jp spam for more than 6 years.  Tried to use keyword filtering to send spam to the trash, but the keyword/phrase list kept proving inadequate.  A few months of reporting to SPAMCOP taught me that keyword filtering could be AWESOME if google allowed filtering header keywords.  Made my own header+body keyword search app that sends spam reports to uce.gov, SPAMCOP, and directly to the worst offenders.  ocn.ad.jp is by far the worst offender.

As of the gMail ipV6 fiasco about 1 year ago, quit reporting to SPAMCOP.  Of course, this meant paying no attention to the spam reports which continued to flow to uce.gov and to the worst offenders.  Finally got off my butt and wrote a workaround to the gMail ipV6 crap a couple months ago.  Started paying attention again. ......started getting angry.

Reporting spam directly to ocn for the past 3 years allowed me to experience the effectiveness of their abuse people first hand.  They occasionally send a canned response saying they'll do something about it when they figure out who the user is.  That's it.  3-10 of these SPAMS reported each day and they send me at most 1-2 canned responses per week, but often less than 1 canned response per month.  OBVIOUSLY we have all been reporting ocn spam to the wrong people. 

Almost 2 weeks ago I angrily studied up on NTT, the owners of ocn.ad.jp.  It seemed only fair that after 6+ years of spam, ANYONE affiliated with NTT is fair game because they may actually do what those flaccid tits at ocn's abuse address have failed to do: anything useful.

The email title: "ocn.ad.jp needs security help."  The body explained the time frame of spam reporting and begged for ANYONE to help those useless abuseATocn turds, followed by spam headers and body.  And so the ocn spam flowed to every email address I could find which included different departments at NTT, their registrars, their sister companies, their affiliates, and so on.  .....a few days later I was less angry and removed the registrars and some that I thought were less potentially useful, but the spam will continue to flow.

Got a response from NTTsecurity today.  Our cries will actually be heard somewhere up the chain of command for the first time ever.

You're welcome.

2 hours ago, its8up said:

Have been receiving ocn.ad.jp spam for more than 6 years.

"OCN" are a major Japanese Internet provider with a major majority of non-English speaking dills
 They do act on spam reports and follow Internet protocols of blocking port 25,
Whoever most if not all of the dills you get spam from have their computer hacked because they don't run "Microsoft Defender" don't know the Apple or Linux equivalent?

Naturally the pointy heads running SpamCop have the abuse address wrong (legacy out dated override again) which is and shoul be or in actuality

abuse_support [AT] ocn [dot] ad [dot] jp

Edited by petzl

8 hours ago, petzl said:

"OCN" are a major Japanese Internet provider with a major majority of non-English speaking dills
 They do act on spam reports and follow Internet protocols of blocking port 25,
Whoever most if not all of the dills you get spam from have their computer hacked because they don't run "Microsoft Defender" don't know the Apple or Linux equivalent?

Naturally the pointy heads running SpamCop have the abuse address wrong (legacy out dated override again) which is and shoul be or in actuality

abuse_support [AT] ocn [dot] ad [dot] jp

How can i automatically change the new email address?

5 hours ago, salfordian said:

spam.jpg

diplomatfrankobi...? dhlcoureircompay20...? dhl_901867?

WTF?  Automatically replying to spam?  That is a dangerous game.  Some spam has reply email addresses to everyone the spammer has a grudge against.

Also, with gMail there's daily limits to consider.  I'm not going into the particulars because that would lead to speculation.  I will divulge that my daily limit for sending email was reached several times when I first started writing a webapp for spam processing.  Also, I was shut down a couple times for my application running too often.

Reaching gMail's daily limit is a thing that happens, and every time it is your fault.  Looks like the limit for filter forwarded messages is 20.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

9 hours ago, klappa said:

How can i automatically change the new email address?

I have a text file (notepad)  I save regular addresses to then copy and past it into the blank box of SC's reporting page