ocn.ad.jp spam

5 hours ago, its8up said:

Reaching gMail's daily limit is a thing that happens, and every time it is your fault.  Looks like the limit for filter forwarded messages is 20.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

I have not any spam from OCN for ages so can't comment. But were once being flooded from china Gmail just deleted the account.

I pay US$30 a year for fastmail. I don't trust Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook. If something is free, your the product!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, klappa said:

But that doesn't forward it to the right abuse address?

Don't know what you are talking about, life is not meant to be easy! SpamCop don't do automatic spam reporting for most members

153.149.230.3  helps if at least a IP address is given? seems the abuse address is

abuse[AT]ocn.ad[DOT]jp

1 minute ago, petzl said:

Don't know what you are talking about, life is not meant to be easy! SpamCop don't do automatic spam reporting for most members

153.149.230.3  helps if at least a IP address is given? seems the abuse address is

abuse[AT]ocn.ad[DOT]jp

You can change the receipt recipients in settings.

2 hours ago, petzl said:

...I don't trust Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook. If something is free, your the product!

That is often the case, especially with that steaming pile Facebook.  I never did sign up for that nonsense.  However, email is more of a necessity.  Whether you pay for the service or not, there is no way to confirm how much your email provider snoops and how much of your data they sell.

44 minutes ago, petzl said:

...SpamCop don't do automatic spam reporting for most members...

Agreed. .....but with a little work, gMail will do most of it.  My spam reporting is automated to the point that I just log in on spamcop and alternate between clicking "Reoprt Now" and "Send spam Report(s) Now"

I also send vanilla reports to uce.gov and personalized messages to my worst spam offenders.  The ocn spam is going to a total of 12 email addresses, most of those being for NTT and some of their affiliates.  Heck, if you can think of a better way to call NTT management's attention to this issue or have a list of upper and middle management email addresses for NTT, please let me know.

1 hour ago, its8up said:

The ocn spam is going to a total of 12 email addresses, most of those being for NTT and some of their affiliates.  Heck, if you can think of a better way to call NTT management's attention to this issue or have a list of upper and middle management email addresses for NTT, please let me know.

The last time I got OCN spam I reported it directly from my Gmail account and OCN replied and I have not got spam from there since?

I also reported it through SC.

Like you I check all the IP's  to get the source and if there is a email server report that as well. SC usually stops at the email server

19 hours ago, its8up said:

diplomatfrankobi...? dhlcoureircompay20...? dhl_901867?

WTF?  Automatically replying to spam?  That is a dangerous game.  Some spam has reply email addresses to everyone the spammer has a grudge against.

Also, with gMail there's daily limits to consider.  I'm not going into the particulars because that would lead to speculation.  I will divulge that my daily limit for sending email was reached several times when I first started writing a webapp for spam processing.  Also, I was shut down a couple times for my application running too often.

Reaching gMail's daily limit is a thing that happens, and every time it is your fault.  Looks like the limit for filter forwarded messages is 20.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

I'M REPORTING IT TO THE NETWORKS AND THE POLICE WHEN ADVISED TOO, IT HELPS TO KNOW..........FACT IS I CAN'T EVEN REPORT IT TO GOOGLE NOW BECAUSE THEY ALLOW spam BUT DON'T LIKE US ME REPORTING IT, THEY BLANKET BLOCK EVERYTHING

Edited by salfordian

12 hours ago, salfordian said:

I'M REPORTING IT TO THE NETWORKS AND THE POLICE WHEN ADVISED TOO, IT HELPS TO KNOW..........FACT IS I CAN'T EVEN REPORT IT TO GOOGLE NOW BECAUSE THEY ALLOW spam BUT DON'T LIKE US ME REPORTING IT, THEY BLANKET BLOCK EVERYTHING

Not much can do about Gmail pointy heads. Suggest you just settle for marking all spam as phishing 

Jumping in relatively late into this discussion, I've had Google block my attempts to submit reports from time to time too. My ISP does it as well. One  workaround I use is to send the reports and submissions from an email account that I'm paying a little extra money for that lets me whitelist recipients. It's not perfect, but I have seen a significant improvement.

7 hours ago, klappa said:

Where can i do that?

Go to SC, preferences, Report Handling Options , Scroll down to

Show Technical Details during reporting
Simple output
Show technical data (check this one)

15 hours ago, petzl said:

Go to SC, preferences, Report Handling Options , Scroll down to

Show Technical Details during reporting
Simple output
Show technical data (check this one)

I already had this. And what does it let me forward to other addresses? I suppose you're not meaning Public report recipients?

3 hours ago, salfordian said:

I stopped using Spamcop because they just send reports to Hotmail even though its not Hotmail and this is this mornings reported emails all blocked by Google even though the spammers don't get blocked spamming me

spam.jpg

It's the same for me. Every spam i get is being sent to report_spam@hotmail.com. I thought it was working as intended or doesn't it?

6 hours ago, klappa said:

It's the same for me. Every spam i get is being sent to report_spam@hotmail.com. I thought it was working as intended or doesn't it?

If SpamCop has a abuse @  address overridden by code it won't, 

43 minutes ago, petzl said:

Only when it is too late,  the official Hotmail abuse address will be changed to repor_spam

You have to be more detailed. I don't understand what you mean.

Checking the reports the spam does indeed get sent to report_spam at hotmail dot com.

Edited by klappa

3 hours ago, klappa said:

You have to be more detailed. I don't understand what you mean.

Checking the reports the spam does indeed get sent to report_spam at hotmail dot com.

Even if you type in abuse at homail SpamCop won't send it there, it will only go to "report_spam at hotmail dot com" because of it being program coded to do so

19 hours ago, its8up said:

Yo SALFORDIAN!

How many daily SPAMs are you dealing with?

The OCN network is around 6 plus a day however a new comer is on the street, I'm getting around 16 a day from aruba.it and so far they've done nothing apart from responding to the Facebook page that they've dealt with it, they never do

3 hours ago, petzl said:

Even if you type in abuse at homail SpamCop won't send it there, it will only go to "report_spam at hotmail dot com" because of it being program coded to do so

So you're saying report_spam at hotmail dot com doesn't work?

And what do you mean by typing it in? Where should i type it in?

Please DO NOT report ocn.ad.jp spam to abuse_support.  Doing such can get a fool marked as a spam generator.

Honestly, when I said we were sending our complaints to the wrong place, I did not intend for anyone to report to abuse_support.  I was talking about sending the ocn spam to internal NTT email addresses with a note explaining the grievance.  The thought behind this was that after so many years, perhaps harassing the employees could lead to getting the attention of management.  IT WORKED.

My newly gained inside contact, who I believe is in the UK, expressed our concerns to NTT in Japan.  His Japanese colleague has escalated this issue to NTT Com Security.  He asked that I remove abuse_support from mailings to prevent my being identified as a source of spam, and I recommend all of you do the same.

Just keep reporting via SPAMCOP as normal.  Something WILL be done about this.  It is only a matter of time.

55 minutes ago, its8up said:

Please DO NOT report ocn.ad.jp spam to abuse_support.  Doing such can get a fool marked as a spam generator.

Honestly, when I said we were sending our complaints to the wrong place, I did not intend for anyone to report to abuse_support.  I was talking about sending the ocn spam to internal NTT email addresses with a note explaining the grievance.  The thought behind this was that after so many years, perhaps harassing the employees could lead to getting the attention of management.  IT WORKED.

My newly gained inside contact, who I believe is in the UK, expressed our concerns to NTT in Japan.  His Japanese colleague has escalated this issue to NTT Com Security.  He asked that I remove abuse_support from mailings to prevent my being identified as a source of spam, and I recommend all of you do the same.

Just keep reporting via SPAMCOP as normal.  Something WILL be done about this.  It is only a matter of time.

Why wouldn't you want people to use the correct email address, OCN do reply to this unlike the one Spamcop uses, OCN don't take any action but they do reply to them

ocn.gif