paulgj

ocn.ad.jp spam

5 hours ago, its8up said:

Reaching gMail's daily limit is a thing that happens, and every time it is your fault.  Looks like the limit for filter forwarded messages is 20.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

I have not any spam from OCN for ages so can't comment. But were once being flooded from china Gmail just deleted the account.

I pay US$30 a year for fastmail. I don't trust Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook. If something is free, your the product!

58 minutes ago, petzl said:

I have a text file (notepad)  I save regular addresses to then copy and past it into the blank box of SC's reporting page

But that doesn't forward it to the right abuse address?

21 minutes ago, klappa said:

But that doesn't forward it to the right abuse address?

Don't know what you are talking about, life is not meant to be easy! SpamCop don't do automatic spam reporting for most members

153.149.230.3  helps if at least a IP address is given? seems the abuse address is

abuse[AT]ocn.ad[DOT]jp

1 minute ago, petzl said:

Don't know what you are talking about, life is not meant to be easy! SpamCop don't do automatic spam reporting for most members

153.149.230.3  helps if at least a IP address is given? seems the abuse address is

abuse[AT]ocn.ad[DOT]jp

You can change the receipt recipients in settings.

2 hours ago, petzl said:

...I don't trust Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook. If something is free, your the product!

That is often the case, especially with that steaming pile Facebook.  I never did sign up for that nonsense.  However, email is more of a necessity.  Whether you pay for the service or not, there is no way to confirm how much your email provider snoops and how much of your data they sell.

44 minutes ago, petzl said:

...SpamCop don't do automatic spam reporting for most members...

Agreed. .....but with a little work, gMail will do most of it.  My spam reporting is automated to the point that I just log in on spamcop and alternate between clicking "Reoprt Now" and "Send spam Report(s) Now"

I also send vanilla reports to uce.gov and personalized messages to my worst spam offenders.  The ocn spam is going to a total of 12 email addresses, most of those being for NTT and some of their affiliates.  Heck, if you can think of a better way to call NTT management's attention to this issue or have a list of upper and middle management email addresses for NTT, please let me know.

2 hours ago, klappa said:

You can change the receipt recipients in settings.

? no but you can add a address to any report. My account should be the same as yours.

1 hour ago, its8up said:

The ocn spam is going to a total of 12 email addresses, most of those being for NTT and some of their affiliates.  Heck, if you can think of a better way to call NTT management's attention to this issue or have a list of upper and middle management email addresses for NTT, please let me know.

The last time I got OCN spam I reported it directly from my Gmail account and OCN replied and I have not got spam from there since?

I also reported it through SC.

Like you I check all the IP's  to get the source and if there is a email server report that as well. SC usually stops at the email server

19 hours ago, its8up said:

diplomatfrankobi...? dhlcoureircompay20...? dhl_901867?

WTF?  Automatically replying to spam?  That is a dangerous game.  Some spam has reply email addresses to everyone the spammer has a grudge against.

Also, with gMail there's daily limits to consider.  I'm not going into the particulars because that would lead to speculation.  I will divulge that my daily limit for sending email was reached several times when I first started writing a webapp for spam processing.  Also, I was shut down a couple times for my application running too often.

Reaching gMail's daily limit is a thing that happens, and every time it is your fault.  Looks like the limit for filter forwarded messages is 20.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/166852?hl=en

I'M REPORTING IT TO THE NETWORKS AND THE POLICE WHEN ADVISED TOO, IT HELPS TO KNOW..........FACT IS I CAN'T EVEN REPORT IT TO GOOGLE NOW BECAUSE THEY ALLOW spam BUT DON'T LIKE US ME REPORTING IT, THEY BLANKET BLOCK EVERYTHING

Edited by salfordian

12 hours ago, salfordian said:

I'M REPORTING IT TO THE NETWORKS AND THE POLICE WHEN ADVISED TOO, IT HELPS TO KNOW..........FACT IS I CAN'T EVEN REPORT IT TO GOOGLE NOW BECAUSE THEY ALLOW spam BUT DON'T LIKE US ME REPORTING IT, THEY BLANKET BLOCK EVERYTHING

Not much can do about Gmail pointy heads. Suggest you just settle for marking all spam as phishing