Jump to content
paulgj

ocn.ad.jp spam

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, klappa said:

Shouldn't report_spam [at] hotmail [dot] com work? Spamcop uses that abuse address all the time.

Yes it may well work, but I'm suspicious it isn't, hotmail no longer exists

Edited by petzl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, petzl said:

Yes it may well work, but I'm suspicious it isn't, hotmail no longer exists

Well, I still have my hotmail address and it works just fine. ;) but I agree, since M$ moved the hotmail accounts to outlook, they most likely got rid of those addresses, so if SpamCop redirects automatically to them, it should raise an eyebrow or two...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regard to ocn.ad.jp spam, my NTT contact just gave an update.  This guy is a hero!

image.thumb.png.0617c6a42efd9aa8aefb9723df63f332.png

 

So, I looked in my trash box and found a couple abuse_support mailings were indeed filtered through my spam box.  I am uncertain whether this is due to an unregistered IP or due to gMail users reporting the useless abuse_support replies as spam.

Though useless, these mailings ARE NOT spam.  PLEASE avoid reporting any mailings that are not spam, especially when that mailing only occurs as the result of your having reported spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 9:25 PM, Lking said:

Those involved in this thread need to keep in mind that the SpamCop forum is different than many other forums.  The objective here is to oppose spam, help others use the tool provided by SpamCop and provide others help in their efforts to keep spam out of their inbox and off the internet in general.

Meeting those purposes can be aided by keeping the level of civility high.  Please review your future post with civility in mind.

Agreed however my stalker wont stop and ignores the facts, also 99% of spam emails now are being sent to Hotmail when they're not sent from Hotmail........these are from other network(s) like 104.160.65.7

Edited by salfordian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 6:25 AM, Lking said:

Those involved in this thread need to keep in mind that the SpamCop forum is different than many other forums.  The objective here is to oppose spam, help others use the tool provided by SpamCop and provide others help in their efforts to keep spam out of their inbox and off the internet in general.

Meeting those purposes can be aided by keeping the level of civility high.  Please review your future post with civility in mind.

Not sure who, in this thread, posted the info about the second "Received: from... etc" being used results for a more accurate analysis of the spam, pardon if I've not "explained" the rule/function correctly, but, whomever it was, one or more, you are legends! The information has totally solved the issues we've been having.

& while we're handing out cachets, Spamcop has & is resolving spam issues that have plagued our inboxes for years - grateful thanks to the entire SC Team!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 7:47 AM, petzl said:

I have not any spam from OCN for ages so can't comment. But were once being flooded from china Gmail just deleted the account.

I pay US$30 a year for fastmail. I don't trust Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook. If something is free, your the product!

After 12 months Fastmail has turned to crap, won't save sent emails and can't see original when "forwarding as attachment" makes it useless to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, petzl said:

After 12 months Fastmail has turned to crap, won't save sent emails and can't see original when "forwarding as attachment" makes it useless to me

Really? Works fine for me. The Sent folder is good and email attachments sent to the Spamcop report addie can be viewed.

 

I have so far found their support pretty good.

 

Why 12 months? Haven't you been using it since  Corporate Email Services (CESmail) ceased  operations on September 30, 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, michaelanglo said:

Really? Works fine for me. The Sent folder is good and email attachments sent to the Spamcop report addie can be viewed.

 

I have so far found their support pretty good.

 

Why 12 months? Haven't you been using it since  Corporate Email Services (CESmail) ceased  operations on September 30, 2014

Was working fine for just over 12 months. Then it stopped saving sent reports, which they sort of fixed, but not quite as it behaved before?

Before when I  sent the draft, I would delete the (spam) original and then have to go to sent folder to delete the "sent", now when I delete the spam the sent draft gets deleted too. Not that this is a real problem, as if I  save the original the sent also remains saved, which I copy and past BOTH to a specialty folder for future reference.

I report all spam directly from Fastmail to China and theres a fair bit of (forward as attachment/show all headers) trouble is sometimes when finding the IP in headers I need to see the original, if a "draft" is open which it no longer allows! Again for 12 months was OK, someone has touched something and broke it, before it was fine. Could do this by scrolling page down then continue draft by scrolling up, now draft is just lock have to discard draft to see original. Very annoying

Used to use Gmail to get my SpamCop email forwarded to then Gmail headers became rubbish and had to find a provider that suited me.

Fastmail did was excellent but not any longer. Mainly because of not being able to read original when I are forwarding as attachment when it then becomes invisible.

Edited by petzl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 12:07 AM, klappa said:

Where can i do that?

Hey Klappa, 

Just going thru some old, "interesting" reading & noticed your question, did you ever get an answer that helped?

Please let me know if you'd be so kind?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MIG said:

Hey Klappa, 

Just going thru some old, "interesting" reading & noticed your question, did you ever get an answer that helped?

Please let me know if you'd be so kind?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Klappa had two posts.

  1. He mentioned you can add a recipient in settings (actually the [Preferences] tab/link) but he didn't mention that it's under Report Handling Options by adding an  email address to the Public standard report recipients field.
  2. In the 2nd post (the one you quoted) he asked where (about adding a recipient for every report independently), but just recently, we all found out, that you can do that only if you have either
    1. a paid account, or
    2. fuel added (until it runs out)

HTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RobiBue said:

Klappa had two posts.

  1. He mentioned you can add a recipient in settings (actually the [Preferences] tab/link) but he didn't mention that it's under Report Handling Options by adding an  email address to the Public standard report recipients field.
  2. In the 2nd post (the one you quoted) he asked where (about adding a recipient for every report independently), but just recently, we all found out, that you can do that only if you have either
    1. a paid account, or
    2. fuel added (until it runs out)

HTH

Hey RobbieBue,

Thank you!

1. That's what I thought Klappa meant, I wanted to clarify so I could add the info, specific to his query, rather than go down a deep dark rabid hole. 

It's great you answered (both). It combines the two issues clearly.

Given some SC doco is outdated, the more often SC idiosyncrasies are clarified (in the forum), the more people git helped😄

Cheers!

🙏🦗

Edited by MIG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×