APEWS Entry matching your Query: E-598674 108.163.128.0/18

hmhazim

APEWS Record Number: E-219378

IP : 60.49.155.12

This is the record number of the apews listing for my network. and listed is also the ip that has been blocked. So i would like to request for removal. Thanks.

*Read in the APEWS Faq that :

The network owner (and no one else) can then post a message in a public forum mentioned above with the APEWS record number (eg. E=211497) and/or the IP address/range/domain information in it. Placing the text "APEWS:" in the subject can help a APEWS editor or developer see the message and they may double check the listing

So i hope this is in the right place. If its not please correct me and if theres any other way to get my ip removed do let me know. Thanks.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...So i hope this is in the right place. If its not please correct me and if theres any other way to get my ip removed do let me know. Thanks.
That's what they say, right enough (A42) however the "public forum"(s) they were particularly referring to in relation to A42 were probably those mentioned in:
Q41: How does one contact APEWS?

A41: One does not. APEWS does not accept removal request by email, fax, voicemail or letters.

Bugging the APEWS maintainers is considered as additional abuse and will lead to escalations.

DO NOT trust trolls in newsgroups, claiming to know who we are or how to contact us. You have been warned.

Also DO NOT abuse newsgroups for removal requests. Read the complete FAQ instead.

General blocklist related issues can be discussed in the public forums mentioned above. The newsgroups news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting (NANABL) and news.admin.net-abuse.email (NANAE) are good choices. Google makes it quite easy to post messages via the Web in the unmoderated NANAE group. Newsreader software should be used to post to the prefered moderated NANABL group. First time newsgroup posters should read the NANAE FAQ. Note that posting messages in these newsgroups & lists will not have any effect on APEWS listings, only the discontinuation of spam and/or spam support will.

Abusing these newsgroups & lists by posting removal request you will make a fool of yourself and are at risk to end up in additional private blocklists, so think twice before posting.

Be aware that posting ones email address to any publicly viewable forum or website makes it instantly available to spammers. If you're concerned about getting spammed, change or "mung" the email address you use to post with.

The earlier mention of the SC forum was in relation to "Q36: Where can I go and see discussions about APEWS, spam and other email abuse issues." [sic] [Adding: - Suggest you revisit A41 for those links. The resources "here" may be of interest in terms of overcoming the problems leading to your lising on APEWS but I note (IIUC) their policy of escalation may mean you have no direct control over the actual spam source(s)]

There is no connection between SpamCop.net and APEWS.

The 'removal instructions' seem pretty clear however ....

APEWS.ORG Databasetest

Testresults

Sorry 60.49.155.12 is currently listed in APEWS :-(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry matching your Query: E-219378 
60.48.0.0-60.54.255.255
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CASE: C-130
One or more bots in ASN / CIDR, unprofessional / negligent owner
Special Reason:
Only the ASN/CIDR owner can solve this listing by actioning FAQ 42 apews.org SHUTDOWN BOTS, ZOMBIES, NET ABUSE
History:
Entry created 2007-06-27

What "you" would actually like to do is to "remove the problem" and post into NANAE describing just what you did amd how deep 'you' dug to find 'all' sources of bad traffic. Anything else falls under the "abusing the newsgroups" description .... My guess is that seeing how biig the IP address block is, 'you' are not the person 'in charge' .. so you're going to have to have a talk with that ISP and get them to pay some attention to the issue ....

My understanding is you are not listed but your isp is listed because of the amount of abuse coming from their network. A quick look into sightings reveals about 1,600 spam postings from your ISP's range. I doubt you will get yourself delisted until your ISP gets a hanlde on their spammers.

APEWS Record Number: E-219378

IP : 60.49.155.12

The only entity which can request removal is the owner of the network

See: http://www.apews.org/?page=test&C=130&...ip=60.49.155.12

Entry matching your Query: E-219378

60.48.0.0-60.54.255.255CASE: C-130

One or more bots in ASN / CIDR, unprofessional / negligent owner Special Reason:

Only the ASN/CIDR owner can solve this listing by actioning FAQ 42 apews.org SHUTDOWN BOTS, ZOMBIES, NET ABUSEHistory:

Entry created 2007-06-27

The "Owner of this network is:

inetnum: 60.48.0.0 - 60.54.255.255

netname: XDSLSTREAMYX

descr: Telekom Malaysia Berhad

descr: Network Strategy

descr: Wisma Telekom

descr: Jalan Pantai Baru

descr: 50672 Kuala Lumpur

admin-c: TIA7-AP

tech-c: TIA7-AP

mnt-by: APNIC-HM

mnt-lower: MAINT-AP-STREAMYX

mnt-routes: MAINT-AP-STREAMYX

remarks: -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

remarks: This object can only be updated by APNIC hostmasters.

remarks: To update this object, please contact APNIC

remarks: hostmasters and include your organisation's account

remarks: name in the subject line.

remarks: -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

changed: hm-changed[at]apnic.net 20040607

changed: hm-changed[at]apnic.net 20070209

source: APNIC

role: TMNST IP Administrator

address: TELEKOM MALAYSIA BERHAD, Level 17 TM Annex E 1,

address: JALAN PANTAI BARU

address: 50672 KUALA LUMPUR

phone: +603 22406120

fax-no: +603 22402126

e-mail: ainols[at]tm.com.my

trouble: abuse[at]tm.net.my

Bob

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had my server hacked 6 month ago and so blacklisted cause of spammer.

Now eveything is fine but my server remains blacklisted by L1.APEWS.ORG and ABUSE.RFC-IGNORANT.ORG

They said to post a message in a public forum to remove the server from their lists so that's what i do :D

...I believe by "public forum" they were referring to one of the USENET mail admin newsgroups.
See http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=57627

[moved to lounge since the SCBL is not involved PM to O/P]

[added] Oh, and I believe the procedure to be removed from rfc-ignorant "abuse" listing is to set up a working abuse[at] address, and follow the procedures at the rfc-ignorant site to invite testing and removal from their list.

You are correct Farelf, rfc-ignorant maintains 3 lists:

abuse list: to be removed your domain must have the RFC required abuse[at] address.

postmaster list: to be removed your domain must have the RFC required postmaster[at] address.

whois list: to be removed your whois contact information for your domain must be correct.

I had my server hacked 6 month ago and so blacklisted cause of spammer.

Now eveything is fine but my server remains blacklisted by L1.APEWS.ORG and ABUSE.RFC-IGNORANT.ORG

They said to post a message in a public forum to remove the server from their lists so that's what i do :D

No one uses APEWS. Forget about this listing and go on with your life.

As for the listing on RFC-IGNORANT.ORG well it speaks for itself

write up "the paragraph" ..
Cool - how about ...

Considering the current behavior and management of the APEWS blacklist, we can only agree with the advice given at Al Iverson's DNS RESOURCE -

If you are listed on the APEWS blacklist, as confirmed by checking their website, here's how I would recommend that you handle the situation. (Who the heck am I?)

Note: This isn’t guidance on how to avoid a blacklisting or sidestep anti-spam groups. If you have a spam issue, fix it. Don't spam, ever, for any reason. This is information is regarding how to address an issue with a blacklist that is very aggressive at listing non-abusing IP addresses and networks, with no published, attainable path to resolution.

- read it at: What to do if you are listed on APEWS

________________________________________________________________________________

There is no connection between SpamCop.net and APEWS. However, because the APEWS FAQ was apparently misunderstood, the following data is provided;

Considering the current behavior and management of the APEWS blacklist, we can only agree with the advice given at Al Iverson's DNS RESOURCE -

If you are listed on the APEWS blacklist, as confirmed by checking their website, here's how I would recommend that you handle the situation. (Who the heck am I?)

Note: This isn'€™t guidance on how to avoid a blacklisting or sidestep anti-spam groups. If you have a spam issue, fix it. Don't spam, ever, for any reason. This is information is regarding how to address an issue with a blacklist that is very aggressive at listing non-abusing IP addresses and networks, with no published, attainable path to resolution.

________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...
Strange that after all this activity, time gone by, the Topic starter appears not to have been interested enough to return ...
They take what they need and move on. Nothing wrong with that (though feedback would help ensure our advice is current/relevant). There will be others, as long as APEWS endures.

• 2 years later...

There is no connection between SpamCop.net and APEWS. However, because the APEWS FAQ was apparently misunderstood, the following data is provided;

Note: This isn't guidance on how to avoid a blacklisting or sidestep anti-spam groups. If you have a spam issue, fix it. Don't spam, ever, for any reason. This is information is regarding how to address an issue with a blacklist that is very aggressive at listing non-abusing IP addresses and networks, with no published, attainable path to resolution.

Note: This isn't guidance on how to avoid a blacklisting or sidestep anti-spam groups. If you have a spam issue, fix it. Don't spam, ever, for any reason. This is information is regarding how to address an issue with a blacklist that is very aggressive at listing non-abusing IP addresses and networks, with no published, attainable path to resolution.

Coincidentally, there appear to be four addresses in this CIDR currently listed in the SC (SpamCop) bl - 77.77.144.61, 77.77.154.25, 77.77.164.95 & 77.77.166.135 - all currently timing out. Apparently you have not entirely cleaned up your problems. Not to put too fine a point upon it, you have not even come close to doing so. But, unlike APEWS, SC only lists individual IP addresses (not ranges) and automatically delists within 24 hours of the spam stopping.

http://spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock;ip=77.77.144.61

http://spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock;ip=77.77.154.25

http://spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=77.77.164.95

http://spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&a...p=77.77.166.135

Note that SpamCop will refuse to delist an IP if the problem continues after multiple delistings.

You are listed on other BLs besides SC - such as http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=77.77.164.95 That is nothing to do with SC but does indicate you have an infected computer or two still on your network and provides some evidence.

Archived