APEWS Entry matching your Query: E-598674 108.163.128.0/18

hmhazim

Per a lookup at: http://www.apews.org/?

Entry matching your Query: E-358224

217.139.0.0/18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASE: C-1402

Spambots in CIDR, little or no action by NOC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Reason:

Only the ASN/CIDR owner can solve this listing by actioning FAQ 42 apews.org SHUTDOWN BOTS, ZOMBIES, NET ABUSE

History:

Entry created 2008-06-21

Looking at senderbase for that range, you have bigger problems than APEWS... A large percentage of the hosts shown are poor reputation and on at least one BL and APEWS is not used in their lookups. I am seeing dnsbl.sorbs.net, bl.spamcop.net, cbl.abuseat.org on more than one.

http://www.senderbase.org/senderbase_queri...17.139.0.0%2F18

Clean up your network first, then begin asking fo removal from spam lists.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similar to another recent request:

Looking at senderbase for that range, you have bigger problems than APEWS... A large percentage of the hosts shown are poor reputation and on at least one BL and APEWS is not used in their lookups. I am seeing dnsbl.sorbs.net, bl.spamcop.net, cbl.abuseat.org on more than one.

http://www.senderbase.org/senderbase_queri...7.77.128.0%2F18

Clean up your network first, then begin asking fo removal from spam lists.

• 3 months later...

There is no connection between SpamCop.net and APEWS. However, because the APEWS FAQ was apparently misunderstood, the following data is provided;

Considering the current behavior and management of the APEWS blacklist, we can only agree with the advice given at Al Iverson's DNS RESOURCE -

If you are listed on the APEWS blacklist, as confirmed by checking their website, here's how I would recommend that you handle the situation. (Who the heck am I?)

Note: This isn't guidance on how to avoid a blacklisting or sidestep anti-spam groups. If you have a spam issue, fix it. Don't spam, ever, for any reason. This is information is regarding how to address an issue with a blacklist that is very aggressive at listing non-abusing IP addresses and networks, with no published, attainable path to resolution.

- read it at: What to do if you are listed on APEWS

________________________________________________________________________________

• 8 months later...

i'm not a spammer, but i'm on some blacklist

i'm OK for every blacklist on here http://www.blacklistalert.org/

except apews

http://www.apews.org/?

Oooops [my ip] is currently listed in APEWS :-(

Entry matching your Query: E-379875

xx.yy.0.0/16

CASE: C-1010

Dynamic IP space, generic DNS/rDNS, no PTR

Direct connections to MX not permitted, you

need to use your ISP servers or smarthost

Special Reason:

Dynamic IP, generic DNS, missing rDNS/PTR not permitted for direct email connection. You must use correctly configured [with registered working abuse contact] static IP IP / ISP mail servers / smarthost service

History:

Entry created 2009-02-16

There is no connection between SpamCop.net and APEWS. However, because the APEWS FAQ was apparently misunderstood, the following data is provided;

Considering the current behavior and management of the APEWS blacklist, we can only agree with the advice given at Al Iverson's DNS RESOURCE -

If you are listed on the APEWS blacklist, as confirmed by checking their website, here's how I would recommend that you handle the situation. (Who the heck am I?)

Note: This isn't guidance on how to avoid a blacklisting or sidestep anti-spam groups. If you have a spam issue, fix it. Don't spam, ever, for any reason. This is information is regarding how to address an issue with a blacklist that is very aggressive at listing non-abusing IP addresses and networks, with no published, attainable path to resolution.

________________________________________________________________________________

Foregoing mostly intended for admins who might find listing inconvenient. The average user will have a dynamic IP address that, in time, will probably be (and certainly should be) included on several different lists as a flag simply that they are dynamic and should not be sending mail (etc.) direct to the internet. You haven't detailed your own situation but suspect APEWS listing could simply be ignored. IIUC they expand listings to include IP addresses that have never hit their spamtraps. You need to look at their site to be sure.

• 1 year later...

APEWS Record Number: E-217800

IP : 62.139.91.155

Domain : gescoegypt.com

This is the record number of the apews listing for my network. and listed is also the ip that has been blocked. So i would like to request for removal. Thanks.

So i hope this is in the right place. If its not please correct me and if theres any other way to get my ip removed do let me know. Thanks.

Hi Hussam,

That IP is not, and (as far as I can tell) never has been listed in the SpamCop blocklist. Its Senderbase reputation is good and there has been only one (human) report in the last 90 days. Why did you think it might be listed?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

My company changed to a new ISP and have a range of ips from 193.126.10.49-55 and all are blocked in APEWS:

Oooops 193.126.10.51 is currently listed in APEWS :-(

Entry matching your Query: E-444155

193.126.0.0/20

CASE: C-15

Spambots, zombies, contaminated CIDR, bad reputation provider

History:

Entry created 2011-01-09

Can you please remove from the list as we are having many problems sending e-mails to our clients that use exchange as well as the microsoft.com domain.

Hi CERIALKILLER,

As the good folk at http://multirbl.valli.org/dnsbl-lookup say, "Don't worry. No one is using this block list to filter email. They do not accept solicitations for removal, so just ignore them."

If you had a real problem with exploits, chances are the CBL would have picked you up before this (and given proper advice about how to get rid of them). FWIW, the following is our standard APEWS response, available for moderators' use from a single mouseclick since we've had so many worried people dropping by, down through the years ...

Hello,

Please remove my ip XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX from your spam blacklist since a hacker attack my server and use it to send spam, but, we manage to increase security on the server and make the appropiate changes and the problem has been solve. So, please procede to remove it.

Also here is the information of apews.org in case you need it to do it.

Oooops XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is currently listed in APEWS :-(

Entry matching your Query: E-513201

176.28.0.0/16

CASE: C-131

Unallocated CIDR, no traffic until allocated,

or allocated to bad reputation provider

or allocated but dynamic / generically named IPs,

or bogons, see www.cidr-report.org,

or orphaned IP / CIDR in routing table

History:

Entry created 2012-03-10

Hello,

Please remove my ip from your spam blacklist since a hacker attack my server and use it to send spam, but, we manage to increase security on the server and make the appropiate changes and the problem has been solve. So, please procede to remove it.

Also here is the information of apews.org in case you need it to do it.

not listed in bl.spamcop.net

Nothing whatsoever to do with spamcop. apews is down the hall ------->

Hello Derek,

thanks for the response, what you mean apews is down de hall? Can you please provide URL of their support or forum?

Regards,

Codeman

APEWS has nothing to do with SpamCop. they are here

http://www.apews.org/

(Anonymous Postmaster Early Warning System = APEWS)

Found this site which has advice about listing by APEWS

http://www.dnsbl.com/2007/08/what-to-do-if...d-on-apews.html

This is SpamCops "review" although SpamCop will delist quickly (24 hours tops) once spam stops being detected the other Blocklists don't

http://www.dnsbl.com/2007/05/spamcop-bl-an...s-accurate.html

If you are no longer listed (thanks for the lookup Don) it is probably irrelevant but for future reference, everything you need to know about APEWS - and the mistaken linkage to SpamCop - is shown below. Incidentally, I've never heard of anyone coming off the APEWS list before but that DOES NOT mean that posting here achieves that. Some sources show you still on the APEWS Level 2 list - http://multirbl.valli.org/dnsbl-lookup/XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.html and http://www.apews.org/?page=test&C=131&E=513201&ip=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX - just ignore.

- read it at: http://www.dnsbl.com/2007/08/what-to-do-if-you-are-listed-on-apews.html

Hello Guys,

first of all thanks for da support provide. The problem with confussing Apews.org with Spamcop.net is that the page of apews.org has no way to contact them, what I think is a bit ridiculous since if they put you on a blacklist that can affect your emails to gmail, hotmail or yahoo and they should give you a chance to complaint and ask why this happen but, it seems they give you no chance. Also I put on google "Apews.org forum" and spamcop comes first thats maybe the problem of this cofussion.

On the other hand, I am still on apews.org, check it on their website and also blacklisted in other places and yellow and bluelisted too as seem here http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.html, the best site to find out.

So, what I need to do to get completely green? Since gmail and yahoo still block my mails.

Thanks again

So, what I need to do to get completely green? Since gmail and yahoo still block my mails.

Thanks again

Not an expert opinion only

Gmail and Yahoo would not use APEWS

Actually blocking email would involve their own spamtraps being hit and they would not send abuse reports

Senderscore is an indicator of a "spam" rating

The rating has dropped

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX : abuse[at]acens.net

You sure this is not a shared IP?

The senderscore appears to of gone from a very high 90+ to a very low somethings gone wrong over last day or so

You may need to find out about double opt-in to create a spam free mail list.

All emails have sent you a reply from a email sent to you (Weblink in email is best) confirming that they wish to receive email.

All emails come wiith a genuine unsubscribe.

Not an expert opinion only

Gmail and Yahoo would not use APEWS

Actually blocking email would involve their own spamtraps being hit and they would not send abuse reports

https://www.senderscore.org/lookup.php?lookup=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX&ipLookup.x=21&ipLookup.y=13 is an indicator of a "spam" rating

The rating has dropped

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX : abuse[at]acens.net

You sure this is not a shared IP?

The senderscore appears to of gone from a very high 90+ to a very low somethings gone wrong over last day or so

You may need to find out about double opt-in to create a spam free mail list.

All emails have sent you a reply from a email sent to you (Weblink in email is best) confirming that they wish to receive email.

All emails come wiith a genuine unsubscribe.

Hello petzl,

thanks for the reply, I cannot send emails to either one of them (Yahoo or Gmail or even Hotmail), I am not 100% but, I don't think is a shared IP since is a VPS, It should not be sending any more spam emails since we increase server security about 5 days ago since we so the problem and solve it.

How can I be sure the problem is solve and the server did not got hack again, is there a way to be sure?

I just want for this to be solve.

Please help!

Regards,

Codeman

Archived