Another adress blocked by Spamcop

Frog2001

Hi there.
I expect that this post was on the right topic, if not, please move to correct topic.
I've a friend who lives at Italy and use the @libero.it email service.
There she has not have any problem to send emails, but when she goes to Portugal, receive the 554 error message inform she was blocked by Spamcop.
In Portugal she try various diferent's IP's with same result.
Somebody have any idea about what appening?

Below follwo the message that received.

Date: 3 novembre 2016 18:09:15 WET
To: my.friend@libero.it
Subject: Delivery Status Notification

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* her-contact-@prada.com

Reason: This is the mail system at host smtp-36.iol.local.I am sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to her-contact-@prada.com. The message is attached below.The remote mail system said: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [212.48.14.170] blocked using bl.spamcop.net <http://bl.spamcop.net> ; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?212.48.14.170

Had you bothered to read the pinned posts you would know that SpamCop blocks nothing. Nada. Zilch. It has no way of doing so.

If you follow the link you provided you will see that the receiving server (her own IP) rejected the email on the basis of a 'critical' amount of spam coming from the IP that was listed. In other words, SpamCop is working exactly how it ought to do. You will also see that the spam spew has (presumably) now stopped and that IP is no longer listed. To repeat, her OWN IP (liberto) are using the SpamCop blocklist to protect your friend from spam. If she prefers to receive a lot of spam then maybe should switch her account to an IP that is less vigilant.

Dear Derek T, thanks for your quick reply.
At this moment I'm not nearby her computer and can't try again, but in one of that situations, I followed the link and the IP was not in the blocking list.
However the email was rejected again.
Is possibly be another thing?

You are right that IP address is no longer listed (or wasn't when I looked). If you follow the Senderbase link you will see:

IP Address 212.48.14.170
Fwd/Rev DNS Match Help Yes

Email Reputation Help
Poor

Web Reputation Help
Neutral

Last Day Last Month
spam Level Help Critical Critical
Email Volume Help 4.6 4.9
Volume Change Help -55% ↓  

Hostname smtp-36-i6.italiaonline.it
Domain Help italiaonline.it
Network Owner Help Italiaonline S.p.A.

so she is trying to send herself email through a very dirty server with a very poor reputation. SpamCop is very dynamic and reactive so the chances are that server will be re-listed and de-listed as and when the spam-spews start and finish. By the time you get a rejection it is quite possible that de-listing has happened. As a short term solution, I suggest she send herself email (she's sending herself mail back to home, yes?) through a third-party account such as hotmail, google or apple. In the long term only italiaonline can put its house in order and stop the spam.

Archived