Missing Reports

paul.hunt

For the past week or more, most of my submissions have gone missing.

Example, today at about 1500 hours EST I submitted 12 reports (using Apple Mail Forward as Attachment) to submit.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@spam.spamcop.net
By 1615 only 2 had been processed. If today is like past days, the others will never be processed. Is there a problem?

Thanks,
Paul

You are not alone. I occasionally have this happen with a couple of email accounts I have with Yahoo. Sometimes the reports turn up at SpamCop's end after a delay, sometimes the reports go AWOL. I haven't quite figured it out yet. Even if it's related to Yahoo's anti-spam processing, it's still annoying.

Have you looked at the reporting statistics graph for the month? It may point to a wider cause.

Either most of the world's spammers have crossed over from the dark side, or very many reports aren't getting through.

I've noticed that some of mine take an age to appear after sending a report as attachment to submit...@spamcop, but they do eventually show up for reporting. This slow performance used to be present when spamcop was receiving floods of reports, that's why I checked the stats graph. Now maybe some reports are taking so long to process that they fall outside the 48 hour window?

Hi Paul, not quite sure what you mean by not seeing them.

I suggested looking at the "month" statistics graph to highlight the fact that there has been a MARKED drop in reported spam.

As suggested, this may simply mean there is less spam to report - a good thing, or that a single major reporter has stopped contributing; though that would have to have been a mighty automated system to have such an obvious effect on stats.

My concern is that whatever happened around 22nd December to drastically reduce submitted spam may have been internal - inside SC systems.

Archived