Getting same spam from same address for months after reporting

purpleboo18

Hello, why hasn't the spam stopped after faithfully reporting the same email address for months?

They send me a few every day.

I requested unsubscribe but they ignore it.

I don't really want to pay for more reporting if you can't stop the spam.

The address is: - martin.cox81 at gmail.com.

It is from that Binary Options scammer. 

Thanks,

Sorry to hear you are getting spammed.  We all have been on a prolific spammer's emailing list at one time or another.  I hate to say that

1 hour ago, purpleboo18 said:

has guaranteed that you will get even more spam from this source.  By responding, you let the spammer know that your email address is valid AND someone reads the email to fine the "Unsubscribe" link.

Unfortunately an unscrupulous spammer or ISP will ignore the spam reports sent for you by SpamCop and there is nothing anyone can do about that.  However, by continuing to report a given spammer, even when they cycle through several IP addresses, their IP address will be added to the SpamCop Block List, used by many ISPs to filter their clients incoming email.  If your email ISP does not use the SCBL that is not much help for you I am afraid.  You do collect the good karma for your efforts.

If you would provide an example Tracking URL it would help others here to give you more guidance.

19 hours ago, purpleboo18 said:

Hello, why hasn't the spam stopped after faithfully reporting the same email address for months?

They send me a few every day.

I don't really want to pay for more reporting if you can't stop the spam.

It is from that Binary Options scammer. 

Thanks,

If the spam always has the same address just send it direct to the spam folder for reporting. Not much else can be done

3 hours ago, oz42 said:

I would think about building your own email server. This is what I have done, now I can block by IP or sender address easily.

I ran my own mail server for a few years, until the machine I was using gave up on me. Weighing up the options, and fine-tuning the automated processes for dealing with unwanted incoming mail can take a little bit of work, but it can be extremely satisfying. I never got round to setting up my own RBL/DNSBL, but that's one of the things I'd consider if I did ever run my own server again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 3:42 PM, purpleboo18 said:

Is the spammer actually sending from Gmail? Gmail in my experience does not respond to problem reports from Spamcop and their reputation means they don't ever get blocked by anyone. You may have better results reporting the problem directly to Gmail, and much better results by receiving spam from this person into a Gmail account and marking it as spam.

Archived