Approaced by host

Carolus

For the very first time since I started to use SpamCop I received a mail (in fact three) from a host after having reported a mail for spamming. This is the mail with the medium sized message: (The first is much longer with links, the third is very short and contains about the two first lines.I haven't klicked the links to see what they contain. Can anyone advice me what to do or tell me if you have had a similar response after having reported a spam.)

Kind regards

Carolus

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us today.

At DigitalFyre, we take all abuse reports very seriously, and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

The IP Address in question belongs to a /24 CIDR which is allocated to DediServe.com, a Cloud Hosting Provider, and is assigned to one of their customers.

We request that you kindly forward your request to abuse@dediserve.com - this Email Address will open a ticket with DediServe's Abuse Department. The Abuse Team at DediServe will work diligently to rectify the issue in a timely manner.

Should DediServe fail to resolve the issue, please email support@digitalfyre.com and we will take an immediate action to make sure the issue has been promptly resolved in a timely fashion.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email support@digitalfyre.com and we will be happy to answer your questions.

Kindest Regards,

The Abuse Analysis Team at DigitalFyre.

This email is a service from DigitalFyre. Delivered by Zendesk J656ED-X5VD]

[J656ED-X5VD]

That email from the SMTP source of spam is nicer, more civil, then some I have received.  It does sound like a "not my job" response figuring you will never bother contact dediserve.com and come back to support{AT}...  

I would just move on.  No real information here.

Archived