Email Blocked - ip NOT listed in spamcop

sabregroup

Hi:

We are getting reports from users that email being forwarded from our servers is being blocked due to a spamcop report.

When we check the ip address of the server in question at spamcop it returns that the address is NOT listed in spamcop (69.41.163.23 not listed in bl.spamcop.net).

What can we do to fix this as clients mail is bouncing?

Thanks,

Sample bounce messgae below:

<xxxxxxx[at]rivernet.net>:

216.94.106.6 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [69.41.163.23] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?69.41.163.23

Giving up on 216.94.106.6.

Hi, sabregroup,

...Sometimes services that reject e-mails misidentify the reason, so it's possible that the reference to SpamCop isn't accurate.

...Are all the bounces coming from the same provider or from different ones?

You might want to fire off an email to deputies <at> spamcop.net and see if it *was* listed for a short period of time. However, I do not see any indication that you are or have ever been listed anywhere.

You might want to fire off an email to deputies <at> spamcop.net and see if it *was* listed for a short period of time.  However, I do not see any indication that you are or have ever been listed anywhere.

Thanks, I will do that and see if they can shed any light on this.

A Search of that I.P address on

www.moensted.dk/spam

Shows that you were in SPEWS, and one of the DNSbls publishing SPEWS data is still showing you listed even though the evidence file now shows your I.P. address at level 0.

SPEWS S2908

As SPEWS does not put dates on their ranges, I have no idea when your I.P. address was listed or when it was removed.

See also the SPEWS FAQ

SPEWS FAQ

There is no known association between SPEWS and SPAMCOP.NET other than SPEWS listed some spamcop.net addresses at one time and still may for all I know.

-John

Personal Opinion Only

Archived