Get my server off your list

Server is at 134.22.47.62 - Report from a real service follows:

From: bitbucket[at]ORDB.org [mailto:bitbucket[at]ORDB.org]

Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 12:52 PM

To: ajones[at]marchnetworks.com

Subject: Information from ORDB: 134.22.47.62 is not an open relay

This is an automatically generated email

The host you submitted at ORDB.org (134.22.47.62), has been thoroughly

checked, and does not seem to permit relaying.

Please get my server off your list. Your inclusion is affecting business flow and wasting my time. How did it get on there anyways? Do you not check for open relay before including individual IP's?

Spamcop lists IPs of machines that are reported to be sending spam. Just because the machine is not an open relay does not mean that people don't consider it's output as spam.

You might want to read the FAQ that pertains to your question.

Based on the Report I'd guess one/more of the following:

1) Your system is auto-responding to spam that has a forged from address.

2) Your system is auto-responding to a virus that has a forged from address.

3) Your system sent mail that multiple people considered unsolicited.

Due to the sparseness of details you may wish to send an email to deputies at spamop dot net.

If you are running Exchange I'd suggest that you make sure that all your "role" accounts (webmaster, admin, guest, etc) have non-trivial passwords.

ORDB.org lists open relay's. SpamCop lists IP's which have been reported by it's users as sending spam. Different lists for different problems.

[http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=134.22.47.62

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported less than 10 times by less than 10 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 33.8 days. It has been listed for less than 24 hours.

In the past week, this system has:

Been witnessed sending mail less than 10 times

This link should provide some minimal information backing up the listing. Since it does not, you will need to contact deputies<at>spamcop.net to find out what has caused your listing.

Normally, the offending IP will drop off the list 48 hours after the last report. It seems there have been a bunch of systems blocked recently because they are bouncing virus non-delivery messages to innocent email addresses.

Archived