Misparsed for company internal routing

Yes, the mailhost for each reporting account needs to be configured.  However, reading between the lines, are several people reporting using the same SpamCop reporting account?  The reporting mailhost does not involve the mailbox but the path to the mailbox.

For example, personally I report spam from all mailboxes on four different domains using only one reporting account.  All the email is serviced by the same host so the path for all email for all the domains is the same; a fairly simple mailhost configuration.  The configuration is more involved where email from several domains (gmail, me, yahoo...) are all forwarded to a single account and reported from there.

1 hour ago, Lking said:

Yes, the mailhost for each reporting account needs to be configured.  However, reading between the lines, are several people reporting using the same SpamCop reporting account?  The reporting mailhost does not involve the mailbox but the path to the mailbox.

For example, personally I report spam from all mailboxes on four different domains using only one reporting account.  All the email is serviced by the same host so the path for all email for all the domains is the same; a fairly simple mailhost configuration.  The configuration is more involved where email from several domains (gmail, me, yahoo...) are all forwarded to a single account and reported from there.

So this might where the confusion is.  Yes and yes.

*I* report spam from a single spamcop account for all email I have access to: Yahoo!, Gmail, etc, and my work email.

*Others* in my company report spam to their work email (as well as to their personal email, most likely) using their own spamcop accounts.

So, if it is as simple as registering the misflagged host as a mailhost, how can we do that for *ALL* reporters without mucking up their personal spamcop accounts?  (I get the sense reading the warnings that a mailhost is only valid for the one account setting it up, and once you go down that route you must set it up for ALL mailhosts you include in reports.)

Sound to me like you and Others each need to configure your/their individual reporting account mailhost to reflect the path(s) their email takes.  All accounts are independent so configuration of one reporting account will not affect another.

25 minutes ago, william_sc said:

how can we do that for *ALL* reporters without mucking up their personal spamcop accounts?

One reporting account at a time.

22 minutes ago, Lking said:

Sound to me like you and Others each need to configure your/their individual reporting account mailhost to reflect the path(s) their email takes.  All accounts are independent so configuration of one reporting account will not affect another.

One reporting account at a time.

Ew.  That is obviously not a universal solution to the problem.

Please explain why IPs less than 127.255.255.255 work, but domains greater than 128.0.0.1 don't?

8 hours ago, william_sc said:

I'm going to say this again, this isn't just me, it's the entire company.  Everyone who reports spam through spamcop is getting this problem.  Solving it only for me with my email (a) only fixes it for my reporting and (b) makes it harder when I have to report through other emails.

If SpamCop mailhosts don't work for you or your company, reporting through SpamCop is not a option sorry.

Archived