[Resolved] Held Mail Folder

I purchased SpamCop yesterday.  I really have no major problems setting up my account, save one minor problem.  Is it possible to have all mail sent to the held mail folder for starters?

Options, SpamCop Tools, Select your email filtering blacklists.

Block All: This option allows you to block email from anyone not on your whitelist. This will stop essentially all spam, but will also stop all valid email unless the sender is in your whitelist.

I sthis what you are looking for?

Thanks for the reply Steven. I'm not really sure. Basically, and I should have explained it further, what I want to do is since I am just starting up, have every email that comes in go directly to the held mail folder. That way I can forward it and add the sender to my whitelist at the same time. Also, please forgive for any grievous errors. This is my first time ever using a forum of any kind.

Set the filter to block all.  Sent test mail from wife's account.  It came right on through like SpamCop never saw it.  Tried this three times, same result.  Will try to have a friend email me and see what happens.

I don't quite follow the "came right through" part of your "situation" .... especially the "like SpamCop never saw it" ...???

Set the filter to block all.  Sent test mail from wife's account.  It came right on through like SpamCop never saw it.  Tried this three times, same result.  Will try to have a friend email me and see what happens.

If spamcop saw it (ie, the mail was directed through the spamcop configuration, then there will be a set of headers starting x-spamcop-* and x-spam-* that were added.

If those extra headers are not there, then perhaps you are still popping messages directly from your ISP before spamcop cna POP them? Another option is if both accounts are on the same server, they might never have traveled on the internet to access spamcop. I don't know your configuration to be able to answer any better.

Problem solved. Thanks for all your assistance Steven. The block all works and enables me to selectively add to my whitelist. Us old coots get lazy and I just wanted to see if there was a way to populate the whitelist without having to type in every email address. Time isn't money to me, it's life. Thanks again. You're a star. ;)

Archived