Question about Mailhost

I'm trying to understand this mailhost feature.

If I have email addresses forwarded to my spamcop account, do I need to do anything?

What exactly, in easy to understand language, does the mailhost feature do?

Thank you, in advance.

Khena

If I have email addresses forwarded to my spamcop account, do I need to do anything?

Thank you, in advance.

Khena

Hi, Khena,

...It might help us give you something closer to the specific help you need if you first read the Pinned FAQ items in this forum and then asked specific questions about what you've read.

...A couple of key points that may be a helpful start:

• Some people have found that the MailHosts process works fine right from the start. Others have found that it is quite difficult to get it to work properly. Some (like myself) have had to try a few times and have finally gotten it working.
  • Deputies are usually willing and able to help those who run into problems.
  • There is a way to "undo" the MailHosts process if you run into a problem.

...HTH.

Thank you, in advance.

Khena

If you are forwarding an email account (or having the address popped) to your spamcop/cesmail email account and then reporting spam sent to that email address you need to tell the mailhost system about it. This will allow the parser to learn the names/IPs of the mailservers for that forwarded email address so the system can analyze the spam headers. You add that email address/mailservers to the system by loggin into the reporting system and clicking mailhosts and going thru the process for the email address.

Archived