144 spamcop emails

cams01

I now have 144 unanswered spamcop auto responses in my intray (more than the amount of spam!).

I have responded about 50 times. So almost 200 in the past few days.

I can't make the time to respond to each of these as it takes almost a minute each time.

What do I do if I want to help, but don't have the time to keep doing this?

I now have 144 unanswered spamcop auto responses in my intray (more than the amount of spam!).

I have responded about 50 times.  So almost 200 in the past few days.

I can't make the time to respond to each of these as it takes almost a minute each time.

What do I do if I want to help, but don't have the time to keep doing this?

Bottom line, only report what you've got the time for. Those auto-responses are your last chance to verify that reports are going to the right places, so if you don't have the time to check those off, you run the risk of doing something bad, or in the case of not getting around to it, then they'll just end up being too old to report.

As Wazoo says you only have a limited time to complete the reporting process - just 3 days. So delete your 144 messages and only report when you have time :-)

But thanks for being willing to help. Each report properly submitted helps everyone who relies on the SpamCop dnsbl to filter their mail.

Andrew

If the "Report Now" link shows up on your personalized SpamCop page, you can use that to save time rather than going back to your mailbox to process yet another auto response.

If you are a free reporter (using www.spamcop.net for reporting), you can also eliminate the ads and the enforced reporting delays by signing up for one of the paid options. The minimum investment is only $2.00 to try out paid reporting.

You can also ask the Deputies if you qualify for email-based Quick Reporting (which only reports sources) by emailing deputies at spamcop.net.

Archived