[Resolved] Account not working, cant contact support by email

I'm confused. Telnetting into mail.spamcop.net is working now:

+OK Hello, there.

USER chandon[at]spamcop.net

+OK Password Required.

PASS [my password]

+OK logged in.

Thunderbird seems to be able to POP there too no trouble now.

(still have 0 messages, even though I keep sending messages

to the address).

I still can't login to webmail.spamcop.net, same error as always.

Could pretend that JT is on site ... could go with more issues like "everything" changed in the last two years, things like user profiles/folders/pointers/etc ... system/server upgrades, new hard drives, etc ... possible that the "quick reactivation" wasn't enough, maybe a complete kill and rebuild was required ... as things are changing as you "play" perhaps the rest of it will fall into place in a while ..??

Normally, once I start communicating with JT, I leave it there (in email exchange) until a solution is found and then post that solution at the end.

We (the people who post on this board) can not help you any more than we already have. If you want moral support here, that is fine with me, but all I can post to your last response is.... OK.

• 1 year later...

Right, I've got the same issue. Reactivated an account from 2002 and can't log into webmail either. Hopefully they can do the same thing for me that they did for you!

(And maybe it would be worth warning people with old accounts the process doesn't work properly!)

Right, I've got the same issue. Reactivated an account from 2002 and can't log into webmail either. Hopefully they can do the same thing for me that they did for you!

(And maybe it would be worth warning people with old accounts the process doesn't work properly!)

31153[/snapback]

I had to re-read the discussion a bit as it's so old .... I don't see a "they" involved ... the final solution was direct contact with JT ... the owner/maintainer of the e-mail system. You need to provide sufficient data such that JT can manipulate the appropriate bits for your 'old' account and bring things up to date.

Archived