No submit button on report form

Rasmus

It's lovely, but it took quite a few gos to get wifi working ;-) For realsies. And the worst part is that I don't know exactly what I did, that made it work. So I can't share it. It's basically Ubuntu without Canonical tracking your every move, selling your data to third and fourth parties.

Off topic:

It's basically Ubuntu without Canonical tracking your every move, selling your data to third and fourth parties.

Is there actual evidence that Canonical does that? I remember an issue involving web tracking, but that setting could be turned off.

I'm currently using Xubuntu 16.04. I avoid Google's search engine, and use Duck Duck Go instead.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:19 AM, Rasmus said:

It's basically Ubuntu without Canonical tracking your every move, selling your data to third and fourth parties.

Actually, Ubuntu is based on Debian. I regularly use Ubuntu, and did see some concern expressed a year or two back about what was being tracked, but the discussions fizzled out after the Ubuntu One file sharing service was shut down.

8 hours ago, Dave_L said:

Is there actual evidence that Canonical does that? I remember an issue involving web tracking, but that setting could be turned off.

Yes. Amongst others; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(operating_system)#Amazon_controversy

4 hours ago, lisati said:

Actually, Ubuntu is based on Debian.

Yes. That's the point. But Debian is not for profit.

21 hours ago, Rasmus said:

Yes. Amongst others; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(operating_system)#Amazon_controversy

Yes. That's the point. But Debian is not for profit.

You don't have to pay for Ubuntu either. I've never had to pay a cent for it in the ten years I've been using it. Purchasing stuff from Canonical is optional, as is making a donation when downloading.

Archived