Held Mail Problem

Error: Cannot log into IMAP mailserver as <insert email address here>

I am seeing the exact same error message, but allow me to clarify where I (and I assume others) am seeing this. I am *only* seeing this when trying to access my held mail on the VER page.

I can log into webmail fine.

I can view my held mail in Horde/IMP fine.

I can report mail from my held mail folder in Horde/IMP fine.

I am seeing the error message when I attempt to view my held mail while at the SpamCop website (not Horde/IMP.) This error is 100% reproducible for me at this time.

PeterJ

I can log into webmail fine.

I can view my held mail in Horde/IMP fine.

I can report mail from my held mail folder in Horde/IMP fine.

Ditto to all, same error message as described, on two different accounts.

Hate to add nothing but "me too", but selfishness compels me to keep the issue visible. :)

Guest art101

ARGH! For no reason whatsoever, I'm suddenly unable to check my Held Mail through the SC web interface. When I try to do so, I get the following useless message:

"Cannot log into IMAP mailserver as [my SC account]"

I quit my browser. I emptied my cache. I killed all cookies. I restarted my computer. I lost another hour of my life, just trying to report spam. Another hour of my life is gone forever.

I didn't change anything on my end. I try real hard to play by the rules. Why should I keep slamming my head into this brick wall?

Something is broken. Jeff and Julian are working on it now. I doubt that the fix will take long, but you never know. If there is something seriously wrong, I'll post about it again.

As always, when you experience a failure with SpamCop, the immediate action drill is to shut down your browser and go lie on the couch. :-)

- Don -

Archived