Sven Golly

Report doesn't complete - can't submit

8 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kolor said:

The same .What is going on .

As noted earlier, there is a problem with the parser, there are at least two tickets open to resolve the problem.  A patch/update was expected a month ago.

Experience from a previous life maintaining someone else's software, suggests that a change made to correct another issue has had a cascading impacting resulting in the issues you and other members are reporting.

They will figure it out. From our side of the parser all we can do is continue to provide Tracking URL examples here.

Nice for the spammers though. Any evidence of enemy action? Spams are pretty important these days for pushing ransomware.

Edited by Spamnophobic
Added extra thought

Here's one of mine that doesn't complete.

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6422928601z25052bc1ef9a3f33cfbd0d6dc263c35az

I've found that I can get the full message text via the provided link and then re-input that in the reporting engine. It's allowed me to complete the report every time for now.

Pending a fix, could we have a "cancel" button at the top of the page? As it is these reports block access to those filed later and all we can do about that is deleting all pending reports and submitting them again. Putting a cancel button at the top should allow to get rid only of the crippled report.

For each email (spam) you submit using your reporting address, you should receive an email with one or more Tracking URL.  You can follow each Tracking URL to finish processing each spam.  This will avoid the spam that did not complete.  After reporting all other spam, removing them from the queue, you can then delete/"Remove all unreported spam" the one remaining incomplete submission.