Mailwasher - SpamCop Interaction

tware

Ok, probably a stupid question.

I run mailwasher pro. One of the options allows me to email spams to spamcop.

*But* when I log into spamcop, I have to confirm each and every one.

This would take hours. So I mostly delete the submissions, thus letting them off

the hook.

Is there any chance of allowing a direct submission that doesn't require confirmation?

Best

TW.

www.video2cd.co.uk

QUOTE=tware,Jul 7 2004, 06:27 AM] Is there any chance of allowing a direct submission that doesn't require confirmation?

No.

"No," eh?!

Well that's a straight answer, albeit not the one I was looking for!

So I suppose it'd be out of the question cutting South Korea and China off the net?

Best,

TW.

<snip>

*But* when I log into spamcop, I have to confirm each and every one.

This would take hours. So I mostly delete the submissions, thus letting them off the hook.

<snip>

...As Miss Betsy would write, for example in Miss Betsy's reply in thread "spam",

You do not have to submit all the spam you get - only as much as you have time for. Many people only submit the very latest. If it is more than one day old, chances are that someone else has already reported it.

Well that's a straight answer, albeit not the one I was looking for!

Just to flesh out that "no" a bit, there's a good reason for it. 100% automatic reporting (which was tried once, I think) ends up being a very bad thing because people end up reporting themselves, their own isp's, and innocent bystanders at a vastly higher rate than when they have to verify the information in the reports. I convenience is far outweighed by the severe collateral damage.

So I suppose it'd be out of the question cutting South Korea and China off the net?

Do you run your own mailserver? If so, then you can join the ranks of the admins who have done exactly that. There are blocklists out there that specifically blackhole Korea, China, Russia, Brazil, etc. on sight.

Archived