80 - 90 % emails blocked why?

jrose65

Help please?

I have activated a a number of blacklist databases on our Domino 6 smtp server and and the result is that 80 - 90% of smtp connections are blacklisted. The one I am using currently is spamhaus SBL and XBL.

What i cannot understand is why when I check the blacklisted IP it passes the check.

All the IP's I have tested seem to pass the check... oH why me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Help please?

I have activated a a number of blacklist databases on our Domino 6 smtp server and and the result is that 80 - 90% of smtp connections are blacklisted. The one I am using currently is spamhaus SBL and XBL.

What i cannot understand is why when I check the blacklisted IP it passes the check.

All the IP's I have tested seem to pass the check... oH why me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

From the systems analyst point of view, the first conjectured problem would have to be that you've somehow got the decision threshold set in reverse. But, without seeing exactly what you've done to "activate a number of blacklists", I'm not sure anyone can give you a good answer. And there may be a possibility that only someone familiar with a Domino server would know right off the bat. So, just to help the flow to some sort of valid help, is there anything you could post that would demonstrate what you've actually done to do the activation? Some sort of command line, switch settings, etc.????

Archived