kolor

Why you allow spaming this forum

11 posts in this topic

Spamming is not allowed in this forum, some "nong" thinks he can get revenge by flooding, easily identified and removed ASAP

There is a "unsubscribe" link in spam, USA does not recognise it as spam if there is?

If "unsubscribe" link does not work put that in SpamCop NOTES when you submit

You can forward such spam to "me [ at ] rescam.org" which is a deranged artificially intelligent BOT that will waste their time replying to them

https://www.rescam.org

Edited by petzl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kolor said:

Why you allow spaming this forum

Sorry for the delay in responding.  As noted before in other threads, this forum has made an active decision to have a very open entry for members.  If a members identifies them self as a forum spammer with an inappropriate post, "About Me" or "interest", 1) they are sent a warning:

Quote

It should not surprise you to learn that our anti-spam forum does not permit spam. I have hidden your first post from public view and set your Forum account to indefinitely require Forum Moderator preview before any future posts you submit will be viewable in public. In the meantime, our Forum Admin will consider whether to ban you outright.

2) Blocked from posting without Moderator review or blocked out right.

3) Their post are moved to a hidden forum of just spammy post. Currently 10,032 entries, starting in 2005

4) Of late each spam is also reported to www.stopforumspam.com  Currently 1,726 reports. Some unknown number were reported by a previous Moderator. I started reporting spammers daily in September (2017). About 1,500 of the total.

It would be counter productive to block spammers from joining the forum or posting; See purpose of "Blocklist Help."  With any open forum there is a balancing necessary between openness and restrictions to prevent inappropriate post, including spam.  Restricting posting access would block some overt spammers, but could also block those who have had their SMTP hacked, those who share an IP address with spammers and other innocent users of the internet/email.

The drawback to open access to the forum is that spam does exist on the forum.  I do start hiding the spam as soon as I start my day ~ after letting the dog out and getting my first cup (got to have our priorities!)  Although most of the spam is posted over night (MST).  Some arrive during the day but I see those fairly quickly until I call it a day.

12 hours ago, kolor said:

Why spamcop back me this spam report

We may be having 'A failure to communicate' (Old movie reference).  I do not see that a report was sent to you.  Reports were sent to singlehop.com and cloudflare.com. 

Have you checked you report preferences? Personal copies of outgoing reports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lking said:

3) Their post are moved to a hidden forum of just spammy post. Currently 10,032 entries, starting in 2005

4) Of late each spam is also reported to www.stopforumspam.com  Currently 1,726 reports. Some unknown number were reported by a previous Moderator. I started reporting spammers daily in September (2017). About 1,500 of the total.

Since I consume this forum primarily via the RSS feed, it currently looks like 98% spam.  I was not aware that posts are being moved.   Any chance the hidden forum can be excluded from your RSS feed?

- fxl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will look into that.  I have not looked at the RSS setting at all.  However, I am guessing that as soon as the spam post is made it is added to the feed.  Do you also see my post tied to each spam thread? post in the order of "warned, blocked and post moved from..."  If I can't hid the spam I should be able to hid mine.

fxl I assume you do not see post in the "Reported & spam" forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of spam at Gmail .A lot of spam has link to unsubscribe me .But this is tricky.I usually not touch any links .

In my experience how Spammer works .During a normal week usually I receive spam in the morning it depends about day.At night they sleep I don't receive nothing .Weekend usually is free.

The activity will be up before Christmas.Trump spam go down .Usually they want to give my heritage or award.

 

All back mail I will send to you on this mail ;

me [ at ] rescam.org

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kolor said:

I have a lot of spam at Gmail .A lot of spam has link to unsubscribe me .But this is tricky.I usually not touch any links .

In my experience how Spammer works .During a normal week usually I receive spam in the morning it depends about day.At night they sleep I don't receive nothing .Weekend usually is free.

The activity will be up before Christmas.Trump spam go down .Usually they want to give my heritage or award.

 

All back mail I will send to you on this mail ;

me [ at ] rescam.org

 

Spammers already have your email so "unsubscribing" won't make much difference, but sometimes it works (still report it as spam)

me [ at ] rescam.org is not "me" but a new concept that wastes phishing criminals time, or will try to
There is also a phone scammers bot to waste  nuisance scammers time, goes on a fair bit go to the end where the BOT has scammer screaming shut-up! Maby you could get Grandad to record a series of replies in Polish? The recordings http://www.soundboard.com/sb/itslenny

Edited by petzl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 0:14 AM, Lking said:

I will look into that.  I have not looked at the RSS setting at all.  However, I am guessing that as soon as the spam post is made it is added to the feed.  Do you also see my post tied to each spam thread? post in the order of "warned, blocked and post moved from..."  If I can't hid the spam I should be able to hid mine.

Fxl, Has what you see in your RSS feed gotten better? I changed the process so you should not be seeing my "reply" to spam post. That should cut the Clutter in half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not see you replies, but the volume is pretty high.  I assume they are pushed to the feed before you get a chance to move them.  I have been able to filter some out using Feedly.

Thanks for looking into it  

— fxl

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are correct, just like the three between your post and mine.  If I could have found the RSS answer, it would have solved everyone's.  For your filter have you notices that most spam have a web address in the title?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now