What Does this mean and how can I stop it

I use Exchange 2000 on a W2K SP4 server

Parsing input: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

host xxx.xxx.xx.xxx = hostxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.in-addr.btopenworld.com (cached)

No valid email addresses found, sorry!

There are several possible reasons for this:

The site involved may not want reports from SpamCop.

SpamCop administrators may have decided to stop sending reports to the site to prevent listwashing.

SpamCop uses internal routeing to contact this site, only knows about the internal method and so cannot provide an externally-valid email address.

There may be no working email address to receive reports.

SpamCop administrators may have decided to stop sending reports to the site to prevent listwashing.

SpamCop uses internal routeing to contact this site, only knows about the internal method and so cannot provide an externally-valid email address.

Are you making your own guesses?

If the ISP has requested no reports, I think there is a message ('ISP says issue is resolved.' or 'ISP doesn't want reports' or for innocents 'I refuse to bother them')

I don't believe that spamcop ever decides to stop sending reports. If there are concerns about listwashing, the deputies change the address to an upstream.

The special addresses that spamcop has been requested by ISPs to use for reports are all published.

This must be a spamvertized site because all reports also go on the spamcop blocklist (to a dev/null address) whether the report can be sent or not.

spamcop parser error messages sometimes don't seem to fit the situation, but probably it means just what it says - the parser can't find a valid email address. That doesn't necessarily mean there is no address to report to, but that the software has exhausted all the ways it can find one.

Miss Betsy

Are you making your own guesses?

No. I have seen that message myself. I believe your last comment is the correct one...

probably it means just what it says - the parser can't find a valid email address. That doesn't necessarily mean there is no address to report to, but that the software has exhausted all the ways it can find one.

hotmail.com,Jul 14 2004, 01:17 AM] Parsing input: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

host xxx.xxx.xx.xxx = hostxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx.in-addr.btopenworld.com (cached)

No valid email addresses found, sorry!

Please post the IP address in question here and someone can do some research and post the correct routing in the newsgroup.

Archived