Wrong sender evaluation

Jan Skorvanek

Hi,

I Am reporting some spam messages at https://members.spamcop.net through "Report spam" option. But in some cases the system badly evaluated who is the actual sender. For example I can send you full code (headers, blank line, body) which is evaluated like it was send from our server but in fact this email was send TO us from different server (its visible also in very first "Received" field). Only after that its catched and delivered through several of our servers (like smtp-in for incomming messages to our servers and some antispam server to final server). It happens here and there (not always), but there is maybe some problem with the parsing? Wha it didnt take the sender server from the header correctly....

Sounds to me like you need to setup mailhost in your spamcop configuration options.  Mailhosts is mostly used where you have more than one mail server using public IPs and it is forwarding between them.  With this setup, spamcop should correctly idenify the servers in the received line up to your border server and be able to correctly identify the real culprit.  The neat thing about mailhosts setups is that it will fix your previous attempts of spam reports and those should display properly.

8 hours ago, Jan Skorvanek said:

For example I can send you full code (headers, blank line, body) which is evaluated

Please do NOT clutter a thread with the spam.  Instead, post the Tracking URL for your submitted spam.  That way we can all see what you submitted and how the parser processed it.

Archived